Staff member
Scott Hearn said:
My +6 Nordic tube sticks out exactly 3/4" farther than my 26" barrel
My answer to this is a Briley Extended Choke...............just about perfect

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
Scott Hearn said:
Here's my thoughts on barrel length.

If you are sticking a +5 or +6 Nordic tube on it why not go ahead and get the longer barrel? My +6 Nordic tube sticks out exactly 3/4" farther than my 26" barrel so you have to deal with the length anyway. So why not go ahead and fill that length with barrel? Like said you have to deal with it, so in the process get yourself a little more velocity and sight radius out of the deal. The velocity may be a moot point with 2 3/4" shells but if you stuff it with 3" or 3.5" turkey loads to blast a gobbler it might be a benefit. And the increased sight radius is dang sure helpful with slugs. I agree that 28" would be a bit much though.

Honestly here is how I made my decision. I looked at my buddies gun with it's 26 inch barrel, and set it next to my M1 Garand. If the barrel were two inches shorter, it would be almost the same length, just a hair longer. That's not about looks, but about the way it feels, and handles. If a +6 would go past the end of the barrel, then I will put a +5, not as worried about 1 round in that case.

That being said, again if I find a smoking deal on a 26 after not being able to find a 24, then that's what I will go with. The only shotguns I have had in the past were 20 and 28 inches. I love a 20 inch gun, but that's not logical as do it all gun.

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, I bought one. Payed a bit more than I wanted to but got exactly what I want.

Thanks for all the help, pics when I get it!

Latest posts