Best shot timer

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm looking to get a nice timer. Which one is the best, why is it better than the other, you know crap like that. Thanks in advance guys.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Ced7000
Picks up 22 rifles when the others wont. Lots of functionality, easy to use.
The only draw back is the battery is internal & can't be changed. But it does last quite a long time. I hardly ever charge mine (just when I think about it) & I've never had a problem.

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
My vote is also for the ced7000. Much friendlier to keep on you if you are RO'ing than a pocket pro. I do wish they had replaceable batteries but they do hold charge well. We have 2 we use for our local club 3gun matches.

CBR

Well-Known Fanatic
My 2 cents. Had the CED, sold and got the Pocket Pro. CED LED display kinda quirky unless looking straight on. Pocket Pro can customize display for BIG numbers. Yes, I'm old and my eyes need BIG.

DC4OU

Well-Known Fanatic
  1. Ced7000 and love it! Display may be a little small but easy to read. You can wear it on your wrist and easy to use when you are by yourself. I saw a video of Doug Koenig wearing one on his belt and it would flip out so he could read it. I would love to figure out what he uses to accomplish that.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
Guys, I appreciate the input. Sounds like I'll be making an order to that fine fella at make ready in the near future.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
d3f8dac95c124b3256c1383ac86b95e7.jpg

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Wall said:
The only draw back is the battery is internal & can't be changed.
CED sells an external charge pack if that helps. The power plug is pretty standard so I'm sure there are other solutions out there.

My main beef with the CED7k is that it doesn't come with a belt clip. Paying ~$12 for something that should come with it anyways is BS IMO.

dennishoddy

Spencer said:
Some needs to make a screaming meanie shot timer so that I can hear them.

The screaming meanie is a 120dB alarm clock.
I hear ya. Actually I don't. Didn't hear the beeper once at the steel challenge Saturday. Its got to be right behind the ear muff.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Bill Dickinson said:
I'm looking to get a nice timer. Which one is the best, why is it better than the other, you know crap like that. Thanks in advance guys.
Those big blue boxes that every club uses. They get abused like the neck opening on Tony's jersey and they always work. I don't know if a CED would take that kind of abuse.

Of course, if you take care of your stuff, then CED is pretty nice

JohnCea

Well-Known Fanatic
CED7000 Shot Timer is good too,perfect for dry fire practice shooting or RO use in USPSA, IPSC, 3gun, and steel Challenge.

Latest posts