Back online

dennishoddy

We took the RV out to Buena Vista Colorado to escape the summer heat in Oklahoma. We have AT&T as an internet provider. Buena Vista just happens to fall into one of the few places AT&T has a dead space. Any internet service we had was by driving to the library in town and downloading some movies on free WiFi to playback on the TV in the RV. The WiFi in the RV park was so poor that it was unusable and management didn't seem to care, like most RV parks.
After a month, we moved to Estes Park to tour the Rocky Mountain National Park and hang out in the cool mountain air until September. The park WiFi is spotty, so hooked up the booster so we can at least get online now and stream TV programs.
I see a portable Starlink internet setup in my near future.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Just noticed you mentioned Buena Vista Colorado.. Jim, my old riding partner, moved to Salida, Co.. just a little south of Buena Vista. I'm sure I passed thru Buena Vista many times during my visits there.
He moved to Salida in about '85 or' 86.. I visited there about 4 - 5 times , last visit was in 2019. On earlier visits, I considered buying property in Salida, for when I retired. Didn't follow thru & in later years real estate property skyrocketed in value. Had been some years before 2019's vist & by 2019 it had grown & changed so much, I had no interest in moving there. Too sad, it was a beautiful, small peaceful mtn. town, & it's grown into a city. :eek::mad:

dennishoddy

Just noticed you mentioned Buena Vista Colorado.. Jim, my old riding partner, moved to Salida, Co.. just a little south of Buena Vista. I'm sure I passed thru Buena Vista many times during my visits there.
He moved to Salida in about '85 or' 86.. I visited there about 4 - 5 times , last visit was in 2019. On earlier visits, I considered buying property in Salida, for when I retired. Didn't follow thru & in later years real estate property skyrocketed in value. Had been some years before 2019's vist & by 2019 it had grown & changed so much, I had no interest in moving there. Too sad, it was a beautiful, small peaceful mtn. town, & it's grown into a city. :eek::mad:
Buena Vista, Salida, and Howard are all very conservative politically in contrast to their brethren in Denver and Colorado Springs. There is a very nice public shooting range between Salida and Buenavista that is ran by the county. We shot there several times with 30 round mags in our AR's which is against Co law.
We visited the big gunshop and indoor range in Salida. I was talking to the owner and another gentleman about needing some legal mags before heading to the range. Both of them laughed. The other Gentleman was the County Sheriff. He said 6 other sheriffs in the surrounding counties refuse to enforce the 30 round mag ban.
There are American flags flying on the roadside for miles, every hundred feet or so, with lots of FJB flags mixed in.
We are in Estes Park now. Almost every evening we go into the Rocky Mountain National Park to view wildlife.
Tomorrow we take the 4X4 road to the summit at 12,101' altitude and down the West side to try and find some bull moose that have been spotted on that side.

Latest posts