AR15 lower

Chambers

actual GM
I have never seen a lower that was so "out of spec" that it couldn't be put together. So you might have to file on a mag catch every now and then.

The fit between the most expensive upper/lower will get loose. That's why we have the accuwedge and JP tension pin.

No reason to spend big $ unless you are just really particular, or plan on selling it.

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
I also have 2 LOKI lowers that are of very good quality as well. I got those because I wanted a lower that says made in Oklahoma on it.
This summer LOKI assembled my upper when I got it I did not have the heart to match it up with a PSA lower, I had to get a LOKI to complete the rifle and I love the part that says made in Oklahoma.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
This summer LOKI assembled my upper when I got it I did not have the heart to match it up with a PSA lower, I had to get a LOKI to complete the rifle and I love the part that says made in Oklahoma.

It definitely adds a sense of pride in owning it.

henschman

Well-Known Fanatic
FYI Palmetto State is currently running their $50 lower sale again.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Yea I got that a week after I got my AIM Surplus lowers! oh well the y were only $59 made by AERO and the fit is great! of the 3 AIM and one Spikes the AIM lowers seem to be better quality. I have no idea what to build with it but I have one if the bug bites. Later,

Kirk

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
Yea I got that a week after I got my AIM Surplus lowers! oh well the y were only $59 made by AERO and the fit is great! of the 3 AIM and one Spikes the AIM lowers seem to be better quality. I have no idea what to build with it but I have one if the bug bites. Later,

Kirk
I have never had the Aero lowers, but I have had a couple of Spikes. I was not too happy with the last one I got. It should have been a blem. imo. I have a Spikes at home now and a couple of PSA. I think the PSA is of better quality myself. I think Spikes has been slipping on the q.c. as of lately.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Aero and Spikes are made by the same peoples.

I'm surprised to hear that you got a Spikes that wasn't of great quality. I've had 3 and I've seen many more and still have never seen a Spikes lower that wasn't fantastic quality.

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
I have never had the Aero lowers, but I have had a couple of Spikes. I was not too happy with the last one I got. It should have been a blem. imo. I have a Spikes at home now and a couple of PSA. I think the PSA is of better quality myself. I think Spikes has been slipping on the q.c. as of lately.

did you call spikes about the spots on the lower?

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
Aero and Spikes are made by the same peoples.

I'm surprised to hear that you got a Spikes that wasn't of great quality. I've had 3 and I've seen many more and still have never seen a Spikes lower that wasn't fantastic quality.
The first few I had were great, it was just the last couple. The Spike I kept looks good. I may have just got into a bad batch. I still like them.

Latest posts