AR15 lower

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok does anyone know of anyone having a sale on AR15 lowers? my little brother and a few buddies are thinking of building up a couple rifles and I'm not the internet web searcher I wish I was! I was hoping PSA would have another sale, we were going to need 4 or 5 lowers so the pricebreak is not that great from what little info I have gotten.

If you know of anywhere please pass on the info. Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks Mitch!

Jesse, I saw that and then the little brother calls last night asking about a cheap lower! I sent them an e-mail asking if they were going to have another sale here soon. Later,

Kirk

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
I talked to PSA about two weeks ago. They said they were going to probably put them on sale around Christmas time again. I really like the PSA.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
That's good news that they may have them on sale again soon. Jesse I'd call a mess of people but I go into work at 6 and don't get out of there til 4:30-5 and don't really get a chance to do much goofin' I mean do important things ;-)

Biggsly if you hear anything or see they have a sale please pass on that info please. Later,

Kirk

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
It seems like PSA not only puts their lowers on sale very frequently but also has deals for a "rifle minus lower" build kit for about $499 all the time. That's a complete all-PSA carbine for less than $575 shipped. Yes, please.

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
That's good news that they may have them on sale again soon. Jesse I'd call a mess of people but I go into work at 6 and don't get out of there til 4:30-5 and don't really get a chance to do much goofin' I mean do important things ;-)

Biggsly if you hear anything or see they have a sale please pass on that info please. Later,

Kirk
I will let you know.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
It seems like PSA not only puts their lowers on sale very frequently but also has deals for a "rifle minus lower" build kit for about $499 all the time. That's a complete all-PSA carbine for less than $575 shipped. Yes, please.

A guy could make money practicing his build skills at that rate.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
I hate to butt in, but is there anywhere local to get a stripped lower receiver? I see Coldhandarms on N. Broadway has some Spikes SL 15 stripped lowers for $99, but I'm not sure about the quality after reading a couple reviews from a couple of years ago when perhaps their quality wasn't so great. The CMMG on Cheaperthandirt is $75 is you choose to get it from a different warehouse, I don't know why that matters. A little help would be appreciated, I'm ready to do something and when I'm ready to do something, paitence isn't my strong point. I don't mind paying a couple more dollars local if I can get it now, just a couple more though, my cheap side is stronger than my impatient side.​

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I have 2 Spikes lowers and haven't had a single issue after a few thousand rounds. The quality is great.
I've had Bushmaster, Rock River, CMMG, Loki, PSA, Quentin Defense, Colt, and of course Spikes and I would get another Spikes over the others in a heartbeat.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
They had some decent deals at the gun show this past weekend, on your lowers depending on who you talk to there are only 3 or 5 different manufactures of the lowers just a "S" load of different logo's on the sides. Later,

Kirk

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
The majority of lowers you run into will be of quality and will get you what you need. There are differences in the quality of engraving on some compared to others, but functionality doesn't rely on how sharp the manufacturers engraving is. Anymore its more a personal preference on which picture you want on the magwell.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Or how tight their tolerances are, or aren't. Or how well their anodizing is, or isn't. Or how good their quality control is at catching out of spec lowers or blemishes, or not. Some companies are notorious for having more mistakes and letting more of those mistakes get by quality control. Other companies are notorious for minimizing the mistakes and blemishes and catching more in their quality control. It's up to the consumer to figure it out and see if that's a big deal to them, or not. Or at least that's what the interwebz say. Lol

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Thank you for expanding Wormy.
Prices from companies will give you a good idea of who's spending the extra time/money for quality control on things like anodizing, small scratches etc.. most of the time at least.
Like I said earlier, I would take another Spikes over the others and it's not because the others weren't of good quality, because they were, it's just that the Spikes lowers I've gotten have all been completely flawless with perfect engraving and anodizing throughout.

I also have 2 LOKI lowers that are of very good quality as well. I got those because I wanted a lower that says made in Oklahoma on it.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
A lot of it is perception and name recognition. If your building truck gun that's gonna get neglected use a cheap lower like the PSA. if you plan to stick $2k into your build it's proba my better to buy a more well know sought after lower so when the time comes to resell it you don't lose your a$$.

Latest posts