Anyone watching the SC primary ?

copertop80

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok I'm kinda a Santoruim/Gingrich guy and I'm setting here watching what I consider a network that is "fair and ballanced" they are calling the election for gingrich. I'm ok with that, it's just kinda ridiclous to do that with only 4% of the polls reporting in.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
I refuse to watch any of that garbage or network news for that matter.

Rodshoot

Well-Known Fanatic
All the networks called the SC election the same right after the polls closed, and none of their calls were based on the official returns being counted.

They all rely on Exit Polls and Computer Models of voting patterns. Actually, they had decided this one before the polls closed, but refrained from calling it before the polls closed so as not to influence anyone who could still vote. Welcome to modern electronic reporting. You'll see more elections being called early when the margins are large like this one was. A real "landslide." as elections go.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Gingrich and Romney are both just political operators who will say anything they can to get elected. Gingrich is better at it, but Romney has better funding, organization, and party backing.

I think Santorum and Paul both genuinely believe what they say (Paul especially) but I dislike them as candidates for various reasons. As a practical matter, they're both too far right on social (Santorum) and/or fiscal (Paul) issues to succeed in a general election.

I think it's pretty obvious that the Republicans are running their second string right now. Say what you want about Obama, but he's definitely a formidable campaigner and the GOP knows that. I think they're saving their real candidates for 2016.

Latest posts