Anyone running a Vinci?

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
I had been lusting after a Vinci, just as a hunting gun, for a couple years now. I recently was in one of the LGS and they had a 3-Gun version in stock. It has a 24" vent rib barrel, speed-bolt, Comfortech stock, and full set of black extended chokes for $1399 with the $100 off sale they were running. I went ahead and bought it, seeing as how for $100 more than the field model I got the extended crio tubes and a +3 tube. Total capacity is 5+1, and the tube has the same threads as a Nova, so I got a Nordic +6 tube for 11+1 total capacity. Any one else running one of these?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Stone's running one for 3gun

Edit: Are you sure you're talking about a Vinci?
Can you post a pic?

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes, it says "Vinci" on the trigger guard, box, paperwork, and I'm familiar with Benellis, It has the +2 tube from the factory rather than the plastic cap. The field version requires the RCI extension @ $270, whereas my 3-gun version accepts a Nova tube. They seem to be fairly rare, as I wasn't able to dig up any information on this particular model. I currently shoot a 26" M2 for 3gun.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Cool, I love the Vincis....post some pics, I want to see what all's different.

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
charger arms said:
I like the feel, once you get used to the safety being up front, you will enjoy that blaster.
I really like how the Vinci shoulders, it feels natural and the gun is very light. As of now, I don't know that I will use it for 3 gun, I'll have to practice loading with it. I'm about 3 seconds faster loading my M2, and when I'm slow as f*ck loading anyway, 3 seconds is a lifetime.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
RigPig said:
Yes, it says "Vinci" on the trigger guard, box, paperwork, and I'm familiar with Benellis, It has the +2 tube from the factory rather than the plastic cap. The field version requires the RCI extension @ $270, whereas my 3-gun version accepts a Nova tube. They seem to be fairly rare, as I wasn't able to dig up any information on this particular model. I currently shoot a 26" M2 for 3gun.
I had no idea! Just great, now I'm gonna have to have one.

Wall said:
Cool, I love the Vincis....post some pics, I want to see what all's different.
+1. I've been intrigued with the Vinci ever since it came out.

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Vinci Speed Bolt 3-Gun:
e5750a70-409b-41b8-83ff-15c83d1b2c6f_zps85a69801.jpg

Factory +2 tube
f582cd21-4c53-4570-93d5-45d94b0c389a_zps60a3b335.jpg

With Nordic Nova +6 tube installed for a total of 11+1
4ce9fed6-d7ea-45fb-8103-2cf14b25000b_zps8641b80b.jpg

Don't mind the Patternmaster, I was dove hunting earlier this evening.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
cool, so the Nova tube screws onto the end of the extension rather than at the stock

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
cool, so the Nova tube screws onto the end of the extension rather than at the stock
Yes, it looks kind of f-ed up and might snag on a dump barrel, but I put a flat of Federal Target Loads through Sunday without a hiccup. I cut the spring at 12.5" from the end of the tube. Feeds flawlessly.

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
The end cap of the field Vinci is not threaded. There is a lug on the barrel that the forearm/lower receiver assembly locks on to with a 90 degree twist of the end cap. Functionally, the endcap on the factory extension tube only serves to hold the rounds in the tube, it doesn't hold the barrel on.

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
9D89F98C_zps5d199f27.jpg

Sorry for the huge pic, but you can kind of see how the lower attaches to the barrel/upper assembly in this one. Notice the lug on the barrel in the background.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
First time I've heard of this new configuration. Thanks for sharing.

I know Pat Kelley, Ben Fortin and Jeff Cramblitt from Team Benelli have been working the Vinci. I'm sure Mr. Miller has one too.

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
I had originally gone in to buy a 26" field Vinci, and they had this little gem on in the rack. I didn't know about this model either, and it isn't on Benelli's website. I haven't seen any Vincis at matches around here, so I didn't know if anyone was using them. This gun shoots very softly, and is really easy to take down for cleaning.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I was doing some reading on this blaster, looks like the bolt was lightened and had tungsten added to it. I want to look at it when we shoot again. I like that it can break down easily. Just add a few quick release do hickeys to the Nordic barrel clamp and it should fit in a carbine sized case and not the Long Dong Silver sock that I have to use on my M1

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Charger Arms said:
I was doing some reading on this blaster, looks like the bolt was lightened and had tungsten added to it. I want to look at it when we shoot again. I like that it can break down easily. Just add a few quick release do hickeys to the Nordic barrel clamp and it should fit in a carbine sized case and not the Long Dong Silver sock that I have to use on my M1
I haven't tried fitting it into a carbine soft case, I've just been using a soft shotgun case. With the +2 tube plus the +6 tube, it's a couple inches longer than my 26" M2 with the +7 tube. I'll bring it to the Ellsworth and Hutch matches for anyone that wants to check it out in person.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Be wary of the easy breakdown...I saw a certain junior shooter disassemble his on the clock while riding in a golf cart!

Latest posts