Anyone running a Vinci?

Avezorak

.22 LR
We have one at the shop Ive been lusting over, but I couldnt figure out what threads the extension used. Now that I know it uses a Nova extension, it jumps to the top of the list!

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Avezorak said:
We have one at the shop Ive been lusting over, but I couldnt figure out what threads the extension used. Now that I know it uses a Nova extension, it jumps to the top of the list!
Before I bought it I had the counter guy try a couple different end caps to make sure I could get a Nordic tube to thread on. Be sure the model you're looking at has the +2 extension. I have seen Vinci Speed-Bolts that didn't have the extension. If I doesn't have a factory extended tube, you're pretty much stuck buying an RCI tube.

I don't see how the shotgun could come apart accidentally on the clock. You'd have to hit the take down button and turn the fore end sling mount 90 degrees.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
RigPig said:
I don't see how the shotgun could come apart accidentally on the clock. You'd have to hit the take down button and turn the fore end sling mount 90 degrees.
I don't either, but I saw it happen.

jburk6332

New Fanatic
I bought the Vinci Speed Bolt with the factory + extension a few months back and it has been flawless. It came bundled from the shop with the RCI one piece tube and last weekend I ordered the +2 to make it hold 12 in the tube. Never even looked at the factory extension but thanks for pointing it out. Just think of all the extra money I spent to get the same capacity

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
I shot a Vinci and it points as well as my sbe but the safety drives me nuts in front of the trigger!

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
In case anyone is still following this thread, I won Nordic's new 12rd mag tube for this Vinci on a Facebook contest they ran last week. I will be doing a review and post pics and possibly video if anyone is interested, I can start a new thread for it. It might be later this week or weekend, I plan on running a flat of Top Gun through it as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I'm still following. I am waiting for that thing/feature that makes me say "oh yeah a Vinci is definitely and advantage over my M2 for 3 gun"

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
I'm still following. I am waiting for that thing/feature that makes me say "oh yeah a Vinci is definitely and advantage over my M2 for 3 gun"
This is sort of where I'm at. I love my M2, but I am interested in the Vinci for it's more natural pointability and lighter recoil. The Vinci also seems lighter weight with 9 shells in it than the M2 does, but I haven't weighed them to be sure.

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
Any updates on how the Vinci is working? I have a Vinci for hunting, and was thinking of tinkering with it for 3gun. The one big problem is I'm having trouble trying the load 2 with it. After I put the first 2 in I will 9 times out of ten have the next shell I try to put in bind up or hit something. It is really pissing me off! I am a litte shy about getting the dremel out, but it might happen here shortly!

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
I was having the same problems with mine and the quad load. I could drop a deuce just fine, but quad was slow if not a yard sale. I took a bunch of material off the load port with a dremel and sand paper, and it loads as easy or easier than my M2 that is also opened up. I'll probably end up welding the slot in the lifter, as it breaks my thumbnail occasionally.
As to how it runs, I have the occasional problem with Federal Game Loads and Top Guns, but I think it's just loose/sloppy crimps as I have the same stovepipe malfunction in both my M2 and Vinci with those two shells. I've been using Winchester AA Light Target all year in my Vinci for matches and estate or WWB for practice with no problems. I'm using the Nordic 12rd tube.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
RigPig (Matthew Hoff) said:
I was having the same problems with mine and the quad load. I could drop a deuce just fine, but quad was slow if not a yard sale. I took a bunch of material off the load port with a dremel and sand paper, and it loads as easy or easier than my M2 that is also opened up. I'll probably end up welding the slot in the lifter, as it breaks my thumbnail occasionally.
As to how it runs, I have the occasional problem with Federal Game Loads and Top Guns, but I think it's just loose/sloppy crimps as I have the same stovepipe malfunction in both my M2 and Vinci with those two shells. I've been using Winchester AA Light Target all year in my Vinci for matches and estate or WWB for practice with no problems. I'm using the Nordic 12rd tube.
Care to post pics of the port? I'm fixing to get after mine.

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes, pics please.

I have noticed that the mag tube is really deep set in the loading port. It looks like a lot of material could be removed to make the angle of the shell into the tube less extreme for a straight shot in. I'm a little hesitant to start dremeling away the material on a $1200 gun!

you need to remove plastic from the area of the front of the trigger guard, not necessarily from the front of the load port

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
mike cyrwus said:
you need to remove plastic from the area of the front of the trigger guard, not necessarily from the front of the load port
Got any pics? I likes da pics!

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Here's one that's kinda blurry. I cut the top of the port so it is more parallel to the bolt. I took about 5/16" or so off the front of the port to expose the follower and beveled the top of the shoulder that the mag tube butts up against so it won't catch the first shell and cause a yard sale.

if you look at the side view of the vinci receiver, youll see that the whole bottom (top surface of the load port, is not parallel with the bore of the mag tube. this means you need to take a steep angle when feeding shells. I would start about where rigpig's depth is, and then take that back as far as you can go, making sure you just remove solid extra polymer.
You screw up, thats on you not me!:)

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
I could definitely take a little more off the front of the port and blend it a little better. This was my first attempt at a polymer port and was trying to stay somewhat conservative, as it's always easier to take more off than to put it back on! I left it like this to trial run in some matches and this profile works for me as it is. There wasn't much in the way of other people posting pics of their port jobs yet, so I basically combined what I saw Pat Kelley do with his and one other poster on Benos. It loads a lot better, now it's up to me to keep up with practicing my quads!

Here's somewhat of a side view. As you can see, there's still plenty of meat there to form about whatever profile your heart desires. (Vinci in background, M2 foreground)

Latest posts