Anyone own a Benelli Shotgun?

MCA

Well-Known Fanatic
Just curious...

I own a Benelli/HK M1 Super 90 that is hands down the best weapon I have ever owned. Purchased it new 1995 and it has performed flawlessly going on 18 years now. It shoots just as perfect now as it did when I bought it.

Anyone else own one? M4? Super Black Eagle?

Acecool

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got the same one you have. PRE-Ban HK imported Benelli M1 Super 90 - ghost load capable! I haven't had the chance to shoot it due to an injury from a car accident; worried about the effects of the recoil - how is the recoil by the way?

MCA

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry to hear about your auto accident. I hope you have a good recovery.

To be honest, it kicks like a mule with everything outside of the light birdshot loads. While I do not have one I'm sure some type of pad on the buttstock would help. There is a great little "Benelli Only" forum I found where you might find some ideas about dampening the recoil or simply post the question:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/

Yup, the ghost load is a very cool feauture. With the extended tube I can fit 9 rounds in it. It eats anything everytime and the inertia recoil system is simply genius. It most definitely can shoot faster than I can pull the trigger.

Don't know where you are but feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk shop about the Benelli or go shooting!

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Count me as an owner, HK marked of course!
I had it at the 2012 fall ShootzenFest but it never made it to the line, I was hoping to surprise Frost with it.

Several years ago I pulled off the stock and hosed the recoil spring tube with solvent which flushed out the dried up assembly grease. Now it will cycle the light field loads.

MCA

Well-Known Fanatic
Excellent...that makes three of us!

Clicker said:
Several years ago I pulled off the stock and hosed the recoil spring tube with solvent which flushed out the dried up assembly grease. Now it will cycle the light field loads.

This is something I have never done and most definitely should do especially since it is always standing up in the corner. I can only imagine what has made its way in there after all of these years. To be completely honest I have never even dropped the trigger mechanism/housing out :shock: I guess I have taken this beautiful piece of machinery for granted a little. Looks like I have something to do this weekend now.

Maybe we can shoot the HK/Benellis together at the Spring ShootzenFest? When is that by the way? I have not been here in SC a year yet and have never been but the videos look like a ton of fun!

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
The spring shoot hasn't been scheduled yet. I'd hope for late April or early May before it's hot.

Yeah we need to heat up the Benelli's and put those Saiga guys in their place!

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
Clicker said:
Paco said:
Except for SlideFires :lol:

OK that's it I am going to PM a mod and lock this thread down!
Locked down? That's the only position you had luck shooting the slidefire on! ZING :lol:

Back on topic, looking forward to shooting some of these Benelli's at the next shootzenfest. I will bring my browning gold and we can just blast away :D
(And my 300blk upper with M16 BCG so we can try it out on Clicker's lower (iirc))

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
I know this thread is old but... I have a Benelli SuperNova. Got it a couple years ago for turkey hunting. Haven had a change to put a lot of rounds through her yet but the Mercury dapening system is pretty sweet.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I own a Benelli M4, It's probably my favorite shotgun I've ever owned.

Latest posts