Any Sporting Clays People here?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Silverleaf when I go now. I used to work in the oil patch and we had tournaments in Skiatook and down by Shawnee somewhere.l

The Antichrome

I loves me some Sporting Clays.
I'm a member of the Pajaro Gun Club here in Ft Smith.

During daylight savings months we have a Wednesday night league that anybody is welcome to shoot.

"Golf with a shotgun"

dugby

Active Fanatic
I think I have shot at ya'lls club. Youre right behind the big cement plant as I recall. Man do I like your big hill. We went over there 2 or 3 times over the past few years to shoot your "?????" shoot (Can't remember what you called it). Trap, 5 stand and sporting and food. Loved the game where we shot from the sidewalk. We had a ball. A man and his wife were running the shoots when we went. As nice of a bunch of people as you could ever hope to meet. Let me know about your events if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Doug

dennishoddy

I've shot the sporting clays at Silver Leaf. Love the place!
Expecially love the sub gun range where one can shoot the 20 ga and .410.

Have a hard time finding somebody that wants to go from Ponca City, but get there never the less anyway.

shootist

Well-Known Fanatic
If you include "has beens" in your definition, then I fit your bill. Used to shoot quite a bit, but very little in recent years due to work situation. Working at getting back in it.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
BoomerShooter has an annual sporting clays tournament at Silverleaf in the fall. A few people are trying to get me to have one in the spring too

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
I am not sure of the differences in Sporting clays, Trap, and Skeet. I used to go to a place just south of Memorial on the east side of Council and Shoot Wobble Trap. The Guy that ran that place was named Mike I believe. The land owner finally decided to sell the land to a home developer and they are building houses on it now. I would be interested in the sporting clays. I love to go bird(Quail, Dove, Pheasant) hunting, that's why I always went and shot wobble trap.

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
The wobble trap was always a bigger challenge because you always knew where they were coming from, But Never knew where they were going. It tested target acquisition, reaction time, speed of swing, follow through. It was more like the quail & dove hunting I grew up doing.

dennishoddy

At the end of the match in Ada we played a knockout game on the wobble trap range.
lined up 12 shooters shoulder to shoulder, 20 yds back from the trap. Three shooters competed, then the next three and so on.
When the bird went, it was up to the first shooter to break it. If he didn't, the second shooter had the option to break it, and if it still wasn't broken, the third shooter got a chance. If nobody broke it, the next three went.
If the second shooter hits it, that knocks out the first shooter, if the third shooter hits and breaks it, the first and second shooter are knocked out.
It takes awhile to get through 12 shooters, but its fun.

Latest posts