Any opinions on the Norinco 1911 A-1?

Streak Eagle

New Fanatic
I purchased a Norinco 1911 A-1 back in the '90's, chucked it into my safe and forgot it. I've recently taken it out and have been shooting it. The thing double fires at least once during a range session. I believe it has a disconnect/sear problem and know that I'll have to take it to a qualified gunsmith. My question is would it be worth investing the money to have it gone through, replace sights and make it a reliable shooter or should I sell it and look elsewhere? Any opinion would be appreciated. Thanks.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
I sure would not invest more in it, money gone either a SA or Ruger money wise better investment for me if I needed another 1911 have 6.

Last edited:
I purchased a Norinco 1911 A-1 back in the '90's, chucked it into my safe and forgot it. I've recently taken it out and have been shooting it. The thing double fires at least once during a range session. I believe it has a disconnect/sear problem and know that I'll have to take it to a qualified gunsmith. My question is would it be worth investing the money to have it gone through, replace sights and make it a reliable shooter or should I sell it and look elsewhere? Any opinion would be appreciated. Thanks.
I realize this is an old post, but it may be as simple as a sear spring adjustment. That’s a real easy problem to diagnose and really easy to fix. At any rate, if you do sell it make the buyer aware of it’s issues.

22ConversionUnut

Active Fanatic
I've had this one for a couple of years. Bought it used, I really like it. I also use the lower for my .22 Conversion Units. Norinco makes an nice pistol that will certainly take a beating. I vote for fixing it and enjoying it.

IMG_2330.JPGIMG_2384.JPGIMG_1674.JPG

Latest posts