Any BoomerShooters watch the Discovery channel show Sons of Guns ?

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Can ya say will is a shade tree gunsmith..... and not a good one at that, I think that he's more of a pryotechniques guy anyway..
Yup. He does have a handle on alot of the history though. But some of his ideas are just screwy. A 1000 yard AK? Puhlease! Why in the world he didn't do that to a Dragunov instead I'll never know.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
Yup. He does have a handle on alot of the history though. But some of his ideas are just screwy. A 1000 yard AK? Puhlease! Why in the world he didn't do that to a Dragunov instead I'll never know.

I was wondering the same thing. I was sure looking forward to seeing what they were going to do to a dragunov when they first said that. I can understand why they like working with AK's though. They probably buy most of them for around $300, throw a couple hundred dollars in furniture on them and tune and straighten them out then sell them for a NICE profit.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
just wait until this takes off, the next thing we know they will have a spin off called Cyrwus Corner. The preview will ask such questions as
"how much dog food will Mike's dog eat?? stay tuned"
"will Mike get the custom 2011 for the next OKCGC match?? you have to find out"
"3 benelli M2 just showed up, can mike have them all done before the next major 3gun match? you have to see it to believe it"

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
just wait until this takes off, the next thing we know they will have a spin off called Cyrwus Corner. The preview will ask such questions as
"how much dog food will Mike's dog eat?? stay tuned"
"will Mike get the custom 2011 for the next OKCGC match?? you have to find out"
"3 benelli M2 just showed up, can mike have them all done before the next major 3gun match? you have to see it to believe it"

Accurate Ron would OWN that ****...

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Wow, the latest episode (on right now) featured Jerry Miculek. He demonstrated a 3gun course & burned that shitz down, holy crap!!! Then he competed in a challenge with his trigger finger in single fire on an AK against a full auto AK.....10 rnds. Jerry = 1.52 with the first shot at .31 all hits on target. F/A = 1.40, no info on first shot or hits.

Jerry is a freakin' beast!!!!!!

copertop80

Well-Known Fanatic
This show turns my stomach, a crome 1919, PLZ. but I just can't look away. Jerry was an awesome though and the guys from PJD helped sooth the butt burn too though

CATM

Active Fanatic
I was totally floored when Vincent got his ass jumped by Will for asking about having a depth micrometer when chambering a barrel. Will said "this **** is simple and there's no need to make it into a 3 day ordeal". Or something to that effect. That tells me right there he doesn't know squat about machining. And anyone can pick up a depth mic for about $30 in a pawn shop. You'd have thought Vincent was asking for a CNC lathe or something.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
lost me the first episode when some guy brought in a 37mm launcher from spike's tactical and they were calling it a M203. Then, stepped out the front door and shot it off in town.

shooterdave

Uncivil Servant
I swear, the projects they pick to do are retarded. I get so sick of them trying to redo something that was done 30 years ago, only this time with an AK platform. The AK has been around for 60 plus years, so if these projects were AK friendly, they would have been done years ago. They ain't breaking new ground here...

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
yes but they are making more money than anyone else doing guns!! they are getting paid well to do what they love, isn't that what everyone wants??

Slamfire

Well-Known Fanatic
I agree the projects are stupid.Why don't they show an AK build from the start to test firing.
I would watch that.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
I agree the projects are stupid.Why don't they show an AK build from the start to test firing.
I would watch that.

because they are a business, building an AK would net pretty much zero money, also people wouldn't watch it and the show would get cancelled, their job is to make money...

Latest posts