AimPoint PRO

Ageuq

Fanatic
armaborealis said:
Just zeroed mine today. From the bench, put the holes right on top of each other at 25 yards (slow fire). From off-hand, two seconds, from the ready, easily put double taps inside a 3" circle at 25 yards. For 0-100 yards it seems like a real winner. I haven't fired it low-light yet but it seems like a winner in darkness as well based on dry-fire at home. I have a weapon-mounted light; with the light on I can see the target but it is hard to see my rear iron sight. But it is easy to see the red dot!

I'm happy. I'd prefer an Aimpoint Micro but for the price it was hard to beat the PRO. If I was carrying the rifle every day on patrols or something, sure the Micro would be nice. BUt for what is essentially a "bump in the night" rifle that spends a lot of the time in my bedroom or at the range, I don't mind the nice led lights of the PRO.

What kind of lights are employed in your weapon?

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
Ageuq said:
armaborealis said:
Just zeroed mine today. From the bench, put the holes right on top of each other at 25 yards (slow fire). From off-hand, two seconds, from the ready, easily put double taps inside a 3" circle at 25 yards. For 0-100 yards it seems like a real winner. I haven't fired it low-light yet but it seems like a winner in darkness as well based on dry-fire at home. I have a weapon-mounted light; with the light on I can see the target but it is hard to see my rear iron sight. But it is easy to see the red dot!

I'm happy. I'd prefer an Aimpoint Micro but for the price it was hard to beat the PRO. If I was carrying the rifle every day on patrols or something, sure the Micro would be nice. BUt for what is essentially a "bump in the night" rifle that spends a lot of the time in my bedroom or at the range, I don't mind the bulk of the PRO.

What kind of lights are employed in your weapon?

Surefire X300 on the AR. It is a little expensive but I am very happy with the ambi controls, amazing illumination, and overall design. It also appears to work great with the red dot!

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
I never had a problem just clicking the optic on when I needed it. If I was patrolling it would stay on, but as soon as we got back in, the Aimpoint would be turned off. If you don't have time prior to an engagement to turn the optic on, your target is going to be close enough you're probably going to instinctively aim. Thats usually a 25 meter or less distance; we call it a "quick kill exercise" and it's designed NOT to use your sights/optics because you're reacting to being surprised by a target at such a close range.

If you want a 1x sight that stays on all the time, get a Trijicon Reflex! No batteries.

Latest posts