AimPoint PRO

HOLY DIVER

Well-Known Fanatic
Just put a AimPoint patrol rifle optic on my LMT I'm very impressed so far for $430 you get 30,000 battery life night vision capatible a mount I think that is a lot of bang for my buc. Plus it looks cool lol!

Johnnyb

Well-Known Fanatic
Pretty sure PSA is selling these right now for $400 incl free shipping and a free mbus (rear)

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
HOLY DIVER said:
thebrasilian said:
Worthless without pic!
lmttogether.jpg
Here, I fixed your link.

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm looking into a PRO myself... I hope there will be good some good sales later this summer maybe around the 4th of July. I really would prefer a Micro but the PRO is almost half the cost once you factor in mounts. I think I'll start with a PRO and later if/when I get a Micro can just "demote" the PRO to service on another rifle. I'm glad AImpoint is putting out such an affordable yet high quality product!

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
HOLY DIVER said:
thanks Jon! so is that tacti-cool or what???? lol
NP. I fixed it cuz I wanted to see it :) Yes, Tacticool! You put it forward like the tacticoolios do. Good sight picture at that eye relief?

p.s. Take your pictures outdoors w your iphone fir best results.

HOLY DIVER

Well-Known Fanatic
I moved it around on the flat top and could not tell any difference so I just put it there. As for better pics outside with an iPhone. It was dark outside when pics were requested lol did the best I could

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
The field of field of view through the optic would increase if you were to mount it closer to the rear of the weapon. It looks like it could come back a couple inches and still accomodate a back up iron sight. However, if you feel the rifle is well-balanced with the optic in it's current location and you can put rounds on target, then that is your call, not mine.

I know with my Trijicon Reflex, the further forward I mount the optic, the larger the triangle gets. I realize Aimpoints do not work that way, but having the optic closer to your eye would give you a greater field of view.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
and you cant remove the bbl with the optic across the bbl nut.

maybe its just me but ive had to do that.

changing clothes on my barbies. lol

HOLY DIVER

Well-Known Fanatic
right now i like it just where it is. the 2moa dot is plenty fine enough field of view?i shoot this optic with both eyes open ;)

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
Mine just showed up in the mail... Mounted in seconds, and was cowitnessed with my irons right out of the box. Just need to confirm the zero at the range this weekend!

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Aimpoint's are great optics. It should serve you well. And nothing like such an extended battery life. I left mine on in the safe overnight once. With some optics, that would be a battery killer.

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
AIMPOINT advertises a 30,000 hour (several year) battery life... I'm thinking of just leaving it on full time and changing the batteries when I do the smoke alarms.

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
AIMPOINT advertises a 30,000 hour (several year) battery life... I'm thinking of just leaving it on full time and changing the batteries when I do the smoke alarms.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
I know on one of my deployments in Iraq, turning the thing on every day to about 75% brightness (had to overshine the sun), I didn't replace the battery in 13 months.

FunkyMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic
armaborealis said:

That's my plan. If I ever have to grab an AR in the middle of the night, the last thing I want to do is fiddle around with the knob on the sight. Pick it up, left thumb on the mounted SureFire, ready for business.

The one closest to the safe door stays on at a level I've set while using the light indoors at night with dark adapted eyes (7 clicks for me)

Batteries are cheap. Like you said, just replace them once a year or so.

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
Just zeroed mine today. From the bench, put the holes right on top of each other at 25 yards (slow fire). From off-hand, two seconds, from the ready, easily put double taps inside a 3" circle at 25 yards. For 0-100 yards it seems like a real winner. I haven't fired it low-light yet but it seems like a winner in darkness as well based on dry-fire at home. I have a weapon-mounted light; with the light on I can see the target but it is hard to see my rear iron sight. But it is easy to see the red dot!

I'm happy. I'd prefer an Aimpoint Micro but for the price it was hard to beat the PRO. If I was carrying the rifle every day on patrols or something, sure the Micro would be nice. BUt for what is essentially a "bump in the night" rifle that spends a lot of the time in my bedroom or at the range, I don't mind the bulk of the PRO.

Latest posts