Accurate Iron vs. Benny Hill (TSS) vs. Taran Tactical M2

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
FlashAndPoof said:
Please please correct me if I'm wrong.. but I believe Taran takes 3 pounds off the factory trigger weight but Accurate Iron doesn't.
Other than that, I think it's mostly aesthetics. I'll admit to preferring TTI's flashy work...
Yep TTI does springs. If you want a real trigger job you gotta go with the Briley drop in.

TayJ6

Active Fanatic
The Briley trigger is pretty sweet. I know it's a shotgun and the trigger isn't critcal, but it is really nice to have consistency among platforms. I really like that all my triggers are very similar. I even have a Winchester SX3 that Briley built many years ago for 3-gun that is the smoothest shooting shotgun I have ever shot. I convinced myself I needed a M2 because everybody else had one, but I probably still prefer the SX3 (if i'm being honest to myself, and not just trying to justify the M2 build).

TayJ6

Active Fanatic
I don't notice any of my triggers at speed on any platform, really. But I like knowing it's there. As far as a shotgun, bearing down on a tight slug at 120yds might be the only time. With that Winchester I could run super light target loads on clay only stages...when the gun gets to sit still like that, I think a clean trigger can help you really fly on a fast stage. On the M2...not so much.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
On rifle and pistol I can definitely feel the difference even at speed, but those are run a lot faster for splits. The shotgun doesn't get the quick double taps so a lighter pull isn't necessary, at least for me. Especially not at $270

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Matt Rigsby said:
On rifle and pistol I can definitely feel the difference even at speed, but those are run a lot faster for splits. The shotgun doesn't get the quick double taps so a lighter pull isn't necessary, at least for me. Especially not at $270
Yep the only reason to need a match trigger in your shotgun is for slugs. If you're spending $3-5,000/year shooting a bunch of major matches then having a good trigger for those 50-100 yard slugs is probably a much easier pill to swallow.

TayJ6

Active Fanatic
I didn't mean that I can't notice the difference of a quality trigger vs a factory trigger at speed...I meant that when I'm at speed in a match, I'm not thinking about my trigger's performance at all, unless it is doing something wrong. It's all muscle memory at that point. It's only those precision shots where I'm actually "feeling" the trigger.

RWatts

New Fanatic
Hey Guys, Im new to this board. I work at the Alpine Shooting Range down in Fort Worth. For the last couple years we have had AI shotguns on the shelf ready for delivery. Most of us shoot Mikes stuff down here in North Texas and swear by it.

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
Do you guys have a website or contact information? I have tried to locate your information several times to give to people asking about AI shotguns and haven't had much luck.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Jeff said:
Is AI still in business?
He stopped doing customer stuff and is only doing shotguns for Alpine.
I'm sure he'd be willing to do an odd job or two if he knows you well enough and you scratch his back.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Matt Rigsby said:
He stopped doing customer stuff and is only doing shotguns for Alpine.
I'm sure he'd be willing to do an odd job or two if he knows you well enough and you scratch his back.
Doubtful

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Jesse Tischauser said:
I'm pretty sure he deleted all contacts because when I sent my biannual dick pic I didn't even get a 😊 back.
Weird, because I did

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk