Accurate Iron vs. Benny Hill (TSS) vs. Taran Tactical M2

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm sitting here on the couch after getting home from shoulder surgery (still on a pretty good high) with nothing to do but plan what I need to go full tilt when I get healed (4 months). So, I want to hear the pros and cons of an M2 from each of the above 'smiths. I know all three do amazing work. I just want to make the right decision for me and the only way to do so is to hear input from those who have owned/used one.

Thanks for your help and for reading my rambling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Well since this is an oklahoma based forum, the vast majority of people here have Benelli's from AI and absolutely swear by them, myself included.
Benny is also superb badass Benelli Smith himself and I wouldn't hesitate to take one of his if an AI wasn't available.
Nobody that I know of has ever had a Taran M2, it may be good, but I feel like you're paying more for the name than you are the craftsmanship. I've heard rumors of some Taran M2's taking a dump.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Matt Rigsby said:
Well since this is an oklahoma based forum, the vast majority of people here have Benelli's from AI and absolutely swear by them, myself included.
Benny is also superb badass Benelli Smith himself and I wouldn't hesitate to take one of his if an AI wasn't available.
Nobody that I know of has ever had a Taran M2, it may be good, but I feel like you're paying more for the name than you are the craftsmanship. I've heard rumors of some Taran M2's taking a dump.
Dude, you're like, smart

posted via Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
This forum did start out here in OK. & our admin team is here in OK. but the forum itself is nationwide as are AI & TSS shotguns. I own several AI Shotguns but wouldn't hesitate to own a TSS, Benny is a badass & he'll take care of you. As for the TTI guns, I wouldn't hesitate to own one of those either. I've never heard anything bad about them other than what you'd just posted. As Jesse stated, they are a little more flashy than the other 2 brands, with the custom machined parts he's using which drives the price a bit higher. As for function, I doubt you'd be unhappy with any of the 3. They're all 3 works of art that you'll be proud to throw into the dump barrel & scratch the hell out of at your local 3gun match.

Dude, you're like, smart
don't get ahead of yourself

You're GD right I am.
see above

ShaneP

Looks good to me
Red Neck Tactical, aka Triangle North is the coolest place to take your gun (I'm just sayin')!

But like others have said, most people around here have the AI since Mr. Cyrwus is local and an all around decent guy. I'm sure Benny and TTI do great work also, but I try to support local when possible.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known Fanatic
My shooting buddy had a Benny his JM Property when they first came out. It ran like a champ and when VM first came out he got one from Benny. It's ran awesome the past 5 yrs or when ever they came out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
I think you would be happy with any of them but I agree with TTI you are paying more for the name then the work done. I have a AI M2 and absolutely love it! I can't imagine it being any better than it is. Of I hadn't chose Mike at AI Hayes custom guns would be my next choice. I am 95% sure when I am ready for my 2011 build Hayes will be doing it.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Just remember, there are only 4 or 5 of the proprietary barrel to magazine alignment tools in existence today to ensure slug POI. Many other smiths besides TSS, AI and TTI use a method of bending the barrel which results in really bad long term effects. Not saying anyone mentioned above does this, but hitting the barrel of a $1400 shotgun against a tree to fix POI is not what I would consider good. :) My recommendation is stick with the guys that have been doing this for several years and have a proven record of reliability and knowledge.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
mike_pinto said:
Just remember, there are only 4 or 5 of the proprietary barrel to magazine alignment tools in existence today to ensure slug POI. Many other smiths besides TSS, AI and TTI use a method of bending the barrel which results in really bad long term effects. Not saying anyone mentioned above does this, but hitting the barrel of a $1400 shotgun against a tree to fix POI is not what I would consider good. :) My recommendation is stick with the guys that have been doing this for several years and have a proven record of reliability and knowledge.
I always thought bending the barrel was a weird way to accomplish POI.

posted via Tapatalk

Latest posts