A little about me

Vin

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome-
Enjoy you collection-
God Bless John Moses Browning

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks, it's one of my favorites. I have 2 sicknesses, firearms ( esp.1911's) and m/c's..
I have 11 @ present, counting all the street & dirt bikes stashed around.

Surveyor3975

Fanatic
Awesome, you'll really like it! I have about 1000 rounds through mine.
I took the RIA 22 TCM to the range for the first time today. The first round was fine, however the next round failed to extract. It was stuck in the chamber so tightly that I had to tap it out with a cleaning rod. Same thing happened with the next two rounds. Are the clearances so tight that the expansion of the case would prevent the extraction? Pretty frustrating with a new pistol.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
I took the RIA 22 TCM to the range for the first time today. The first round was fine, however the next round failed to extract. It was stuck in the chamber so tightly that I had to tap it out with a cleaning rod. Same thing happened with the next two rounds. Are the clearances so tight that the expansion of the case would prevent the extraction? Pretty frustrating with a new pistol.
Have a CZ-52 which has given me the same problems with certain brands of ammo. With other brands works flawlessly...drove me nuts the first time around until I realized it was just that brand that I needed two apes to get the spent cartridge's out...

Surveyor3975

Fanatic
Have a CZ-52 which has given me the same problems with certain brands of ammo. With other brands works flawlessly...drove me nuts the first time around until I realized it was just that brand that I needed two apes to get the spent cartridge's out...
I thought about that since my Kimber Micro 9 does the same thing with steel case ammo. Unfortunately Armscor is the only manufacturer of 22 TCM ammo, so switching brands is not an option.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
I thought about that since my Kimber Micro 9 does the same thing with steel case ammo. Unfortunately Armscor is the only manufacturer of 22 TCM ammo, so switching brands is not an option.
Well now you have me thinking...forgot to throw out the brand that jams & cannot remember which one it was...ahhh

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
might have to send it back for warranty repair..it happens.
On some rifles I've had the same issue. The problems were with all on PSA AR uppers', in a couple of calibers. My gunsmith explained it was caused by rough chambers, then explained how I could polish them. Followed his advice. Took several "polishing" attempts, before issues were resolved.
I was hesitant to over-do it, (the polishing) otherwise I might have completed the task with 1 attempt.
I was a bit surprised @ the amount of residue that was removed by the polishing.

I'd suggest taking back the pistol to the seller , if it was purchased from a store. They may return it for you..saving you the shipping cost.
Basspro did this for me 1X, only because I returned it quickly, & explained the issue I had with a pistol I'd porchased there.
They returned it to the mfrg. (Taurus) @ no cost to me.

Surveyor3975

Fanatic
might have to send it back for warranty repair..it happens.
On some rifles I've had the same issue. The problems were with all on PSA AR uppers', in a couple of calibers. My gunsmith explained it was caused by rough chambers, then explained how I could polish them. Followed his advice. Took several "polishing" attempts, before issues were resolved.
I was hesitant to over-do it, (the polishing) otherwise I might have completed the task with 1 attempt.
I was a bit surprised @ the amount of residue that was removed by the polishing.

I'd suggest taking back the pistol to the seller , if it was purchased from a store. They may return it for you..saving you the shipping cost.
Basspro did this for me 1X, only because I returned it quickly, & explained the issue I had with a pistol I'd porchased there.
They returned it to the mfrg. (Taurus) @ no cost to me.
Thank you, I found that to be very helpful advice.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank you, I found that to be very helpful advice.
I will tell you I've had mine for about five years and ran the crap out of it with no issues for the first year or two. Went to the Addicts shoot in Kentucky with it three years ago and it started having the same issue you are describing. I contacted Armscor and they took it in and turned it around very quickly at no cost to me! Try your store first if you bought it in person but if not contact Rock Island/Armscor directly and they will get you shipping tag and an RMA# to send it in for a check up. Mine came back functioning perfectly and have not had any more issues. It is a pia to have to send it but they will take care of you and make it as painless as possible.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
And not just 4 wheeled vehicles.. my 1979 FXEF, purchased new, by me.. 42 yrs together.

I worked on Harleys in the early 70s when AMF controlled them.
Your Harley is a super fine example of what a Harley Davidson should be.

My time spent working on new AMF POS Hogs was a real low point in
my Motorcycle Wrenching history. I can't even think of them real Harley Davidsons!
Good BYE AMF HD got FREE!

Keep it & have them burry you with it, you'll need it in Valhalla ;)

Surveyor3975

Fanatic
I will tell you I've had mine for about five years and ran the crap out of it with no issues for the first year or two. Went to the Addicts shoot in Kentucky with it three years ago and it started having the same issue you are describing. I contacted Armscor and they took it in and turned it around very quickly at no cost to me! Try your store first if you bought it in person but if not contact Rock Island/Armscor directly and they will get you shipping tag and an RMA# to send it in for a check up. Mine came back functioning perfectly and have not had any more issues. It is a pia to have to send it but they will take care of you and make it as painless as possible.
Thank you very much for your response. I will do as you suggest and let you know how it works out.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
.." My time spent working on new AMF POS Hogs was a real low point in
my Motorcycle Wrenching history. I can't even think of them real Harley Davidsons.."
There have been several books written on Harley-Davidson history. Historians seem to agree that AMF actually saved the company,
The problems the bikes of that era were NOT caused by AMF.. but rather employees with labor labor issues.
Some workers sabotaged bikes by leaving out parts, i.e. headbolts (!) on bikes.
AMF brought advanced (more modern) manufacturing techniques and improved product design.
My '79 FXEF manual stated use of a quart of oil in 500 miles was considered "normal oil consumption."
Using valve stem oil seals was not implemented until the early 80's...

You are correct in the my FXEF is not for sale..only bike of the 30+ I've owned that I decided I would not sell.
Not because it's the "best" bike made, ( I'm well aware of ALL it's shortcomings) but because of the realtionship I have,
due to shared experiences. Only bike I've owned that makes me smile to look @it & makes me grin when I hear it start.
NOTHING sounds like a ShovelHead.

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic

.." My time spent working on new AMF POS Hogs was a real low point in
my Motorcycle Wrenching history. I can't even think of them real Harley Davidsons.."
There have been several books written on Harley-Davidson history. Historians seem to agree that AMF actually saved the company,
The problems the bikes of that era were NOT caused by AMF.. but rather employees with labor labor issues.
Some workers sabotaged bikes by leaving out parts, i.e. headbolts (!) on bikes.
AMF brought advanced (more modern) manufacturing techniques and improved product design.
My '79 FXEF manual stated use of a quart of oil in 500 miles was considered "normal oil consumption."
Using valve stem oil seals was not implemented until the early 80's...

You are correct in the my FXEF is not for sale..only bike of the 30+ I've owned that I decided I would not sell.
Not because it's the "best" bike made, ( I'm well aware of ALL it's shortcomings) but because of the realtionship I have,
due to shared experiences. Only bike I've owned that makes me smile to look @it & makes me grin when I hear it start.
Those AMF bikes damned near ruined Harley forever. I remember seeing brand new bikes sitting on dealers floors with drip pans under them. You are correct nothing sounds like a shovel head. Long Live the King of 2 wheels Harley Davidson.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Damn right it makes me smile thinking of those Harleys roaring around the back chicanes, the sound was music to our ears with British & German Bikes
running in the pack. You can tell them by the sound each one a sings a beautiful tune. Late 60s & 70s 80s Germany, France, tracks around the world.

Back to AMF yes it was not AMF but the Pissed Harley employees who did this rightful vengeance to AMF.
I had Sportster's tanks leaking gas on the Riders Balls & Supers with no Oil pump cover gaskets Seize up in less than a hundred miles.

The best was the rattling Harley a Sportster with no reason, other than it had to be inside the frame. We were right Harley gave
us the go ahead to cut the frame open & find the rattle. Inside was a safety wire tacked inside the main tube with 2 nuts & a note
to AMF. It said F U AMF! LMAO :D Harley like Colt Firearms has gone through many changes, I hope they do well into the future.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
Damn right it makes me smile thinking of those Harleys roaring around the back chicanes, the sound was music to our ears with British & German Bikes
running in the pack. You can tell them by the sound each one a sings a beautiful tune. Late 60s & 70s 80s Germany, France, tracks around the world.

Back to AMF yes it was not AMF but the Pissed Harley employees who did this rightful vengeance to AMF.
I had Sportster's tanks leaking gas on the Riders Balls & Supers with no Oil pump cover gaskets Seize up in less than a hundred miles.

The best was the rattling Harley a Sportster with no reason, other than it had to be inside the frame. We were right Harley gave
us the go ahead to cut the frame open & find the rattle. Inside was a safety wire tacked inside the main tube with 2 nuts & a note
to AMF. It said F U AMF! LMAO :D Harley like Colt Firearms has gone through many changes, I hope they do well into the future.
Now I am really going to date myself. My buddy & I had an old Harley with a tank shift & a lot of electrical problems. But we got a really good deal on it. When we sold it it still had the electrical problems.

Latest posts