A Gunners Future. Buy, Sell, or Trade?

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
WOW! Beautiful!
Wife got it from a friend of hers who was just looking for a good home for it. Never been rained on, kept in a heated /AC garage entire life, interior as new. She lost her leg from diabetes, and she knew my wife would take care of it. Now it's down here in Texas stored in my shop. Drive it to local gun shows once in a while.

dennishoddy

Lol...My Dad had some wooden duck decoys in the attic(poor Shape) When we had the estate sale, I was totally shocked. They averaged $175 ea. I should have asked the buyers if they wanted to buy some Ocean front property in North Dakota. He had some silver dollars and we looked them up as to what they were worth. They brought just about twice what they were worth. I guess I just don't understand.
That's why I specified in my will that the guns and sporting goods go to auction. I've been to enough of them especially gun auctions to know they go for more than retail.
Last one I went to had two guys bidding on a Henry .22RF lever gun. I pulled it up on my phone for a new one which was around $400. Showed it to the bidder and he said it didn't matter. Promised his grandson that was standing next to him they would buy a .22RF before they left.
That rifle eventually went for $1000.00

m/v MOJO

Fanatic
No kids. I told my wife that if I go before her she should donate all my guns that she doesn't want to the NRA for their fund raising auctions. She won't need the money from selling them so this is an easy way to get rid of them without the hassle of dealing with individual buyers, etc. It's in the will as well in the event both of us go at the same time.

Regarding leaving items family: After my father passed, my mother told all three of us kids that we should go through the house and put a sticker with our name on it on the items we wanted after she passed or if she needed to move into a smaller place. We also made a list that each of us had a copy of. The items included artwork, furniture, her jewelry, my fathers guns and watches as well as other stuff. She told us that if there were items that more than one kid wanted we should work it out among ourselves and if we couldn't the oldest kid got first choice. Her stuff and her rules and she made us all agree to these rules so there wouldn't end up bad blood over something silly. It all worked out great and when she passed there was no issue about dividing up her possessions. I was her executor and it made the job much easier not having to arbitrate as to who got what.

Latest posts