A few questions about Mosin Nagants

mherman18

Fanatic
I just got my Mosin Nagant 91-30 and cleaned and assembled it. Has anyone had experience with these gus? I would like to mount a scope but don't want to mount it way up front and have a long eye relief scope. They sell kits with a mount and a turned down bolt but not sure how to switch it out. Or if someone knew where I could get a new bolt with a turned down handle that would be nice to keep the original bolt as one.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I have one...but, sure am no expert....Here is a site that sells some stuff for reasonable prices: http://www.m1surplus.com/mosin%20nagant.htm

I don't know if you can find a bent bolt anywhere. I know that the bent bolt KIT is sold but don't know if anyine sell whole bolt already bent...

I love shooting mine...but...it kicks like a mule...

Steve

Hamman

Well-Known Fanatic
I have one that was beat bad. A previous owner had drilled 4 holes and ground on the receiver presumably to mount a side mounted scope. the fore stock and harware had all been removed. The front and rear sight were missing. The only redeeming feature was a Hex receiver dated 1895 and Finnish property marks meanig at some point it was captured by the Finns. I fixed it up into a pretty neat scout. I mounted a 2-7 x 32 long eye relief scope up forward on the rear sight base to avoid having to mess with bent bolts. I like the forward mount, its different and you can sight with both eyes open. I will post some pics soon.

lafayette gregory

Well-Known Fanatic
Hamman- Do you still have the 1891 stock? I sure ned one to restore a Bubba job.

mherman18- Before you scope it, spend some time shooting it. They are more accurate than you might think with iron sights.
3in groups at 100yards is not uncommon. Some even get better results!

Savage Sniper

Fanatic
I had a local gunsmith install the turn down conversion with the scope mount the sits at the rear. Cost me about $100 + cost of kit if I remember right. It looked really nice but for the money ? Not sure I would do it again.

SCGUNCO

Active Fanatic
We sell many, many Mosin Nagants at gun shows in SC. We get to see many sporterized milsurps (just stating the facts as I see them). On both a personal and professional level I would suggest that if you are going to do something - do it right the first time.

I would NOT recommend buying the ATI bent bolt conversion kit (with any luck ATI is not a sponsor or moderator - :roll: ). The kit looks simple enough but I have seen too many examples of what not to buy and how not to do it. I think Jim the Boltman sells bent bolts (do a google search) and he has an outstanding reputation in the internet community.

If you do not want a long eye relief scope then get a gunsmith to D&T your reciever so that you can mount a traditional scope. We usually keep in stock scope mounts and a small selection of long eye relief scopes.

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
Bob at the Gun Doctor in Moncks Corner did a turn down bolt for my son's Nagant several years ago. He was pleased with the job and the price. He put a long eye relief scope on and shoots the legs off gnats with it.

biganimal

Well-Known Fanatic
there is a weaver style mount on the market that replaces the rear sight on the Nagant. pop the sight off plop the mount on and scope it up with a long eye relief scope. works good.takes five minutes to install

SCGUNCO

Active Fanatic
Laura Stone namely no the typical runway robot . Her plight apt work ,louis vuitton tivoli, you tin no tell her stunned statement,louis vuitton strap, whether she ambitioned to burst into tears or seal with you. But we adore her. She 's 23 , the Netherlands,Spotting the trend wearing a corner Natalie Porman, and she has the gap between her front teeth namely not .
Gucci's show in Milan,louis vuitton sprouse, Lara Stone.
She had a fortunate year. Ignored until she Ricardo Tisci of Givenchy in his women's program ,louis vuitton palermo,Shangri-La pastoral, Stone in this month's Paris vogue spread like a huge Bardot ; ,LG mobile phones skirmish , look in migrate apt A,louis vuitton coffee, she won the cover of April ( Chloe ) . She wears a size 7 shoe - and have at fewest one runway shoes larger .
I inquired the photographer Greg Kessler maintained stone : a girl with a season log. Here ,louis vuitton ixia, she is a New York International Auto Show in each since .

Is it me or what the???

Enjay

Well-Known Fanatic
We try to keep on top of the spam, but they're sneaky buggers.

If you don't mind my asking, weaver scope mounts are for mounting scopes that take a picatinny rail on to weapons that don't have picatinny systems?

biganimal

Well-Known Fanatic
Enjay said:
We try to keep on top of the spam, but they're sneaky buggers.

If you don't mind my asking, weaver scope mounts are for mounting scopes that take a picatinny rail on to weapons that don't have picatinny systems?

yup
ya can always tell an old timer cuz he will call it a weaver style mount every time
for 30 years or more thats what they were called, not pick-a-ninny........lol

Enjay

Well-Known Fanatic

Latest posts