A few coyote pics from the '10-'11 season

Trevor300wsm

Well-Known Fanatic
Here's a few coyote pics from this past season. Most of them were taken on/around the Red River bottom area west of Marrietta.

00508bab.jpg

I think it was 19 degrees that morning.
2e37398c.jpg

cf8ca4e0.jpg

A good day!!
f1dc9a5e.jpg

fc27c808.jpg

A few crows.....all out of the same tree.
crows1.jpg

Trevor300wsm

Well-Known Fanatic
That is a Savage 10PC in .223.

It's an amazing lil rifle. I think it's the perfect carry/call rifle for coyotes. It has a heavy, but short 20" barrel, Detachable magazine, Accu-stock, Accu-trigger, and a oversized bolt knob. It's alot of gun for the money. I have several "custom" rifles, but this is my go-to gun for predators. And yes, it's crazy accurate.

The rifle in the last pic is just a Win Super Shadow in .243 WSSM. I no longer own that rifle. It was decent, but too hard to find ammo for and never had a interest in reloading for it.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Awesome! Nice to have another serious predator hunter on the board!

Here's our Elk City Contest total.

dcd1c163.jpg

Here's the last one I killed during the last big snow storm.

29001250.jpg

Saw three just today while on the tractor. We don't usually mess with them during the summer unless they become a problem for our livestock.

Awesome pics, awesome rifles in your other thread. Welcome to the Forum!

Trevor300wsm

Well-Known Fanatic
Wormydog.....looks like y'all got em figured out up there. That's a good days hunt you have pictured.

Kevin.....I always welcome people to come hunting with me. The more the better in my book. I enjoy calling them as much as I do shooting them. This past year I've started to use my hand calls alot more and the electronic caller alot less. I get lots of enjoyment callin with the hand calls, so your welcome to shoot em when (if) they come.

imhntn

Founding Member
I only killed 3 or 4 this winter. Went out quite a bit but just had an off year. Good to see the photo with cousin Jeremy, Trevor.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I don't do it by myself. My Brother has A LOT to do with it. We do put the hurt on them tho. Every year.

dennishoddy

just out of curiosity, what does one do with a coyote after shooting it?

Way back in the day in Osage county, as well as every where else, the gubberment gave a $7 bounty on a pair of ears in an attempt to rid the world of these predators.
I remember seeing a mile or more of coyotes hanging from fence posts with no ears, every 20'.
They have proven to be more versitile than anybody ever thought.
Their numbers have spread to the east now. People in NJ have reportably sighted them with pics for proof.

Man will never get rid of them, but need to control them.
Hunting is the best way to do that.
It not my opion, but an opinion of the folks that study this stuff.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
True. It's not senseless killing. Depridation of livestock, deer, turkey, quail and whatever else these dogs can get, including Fido and Fluffy. It just so happens to be a hell of a good time too!

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I'm not in the least bit offended by the "senseless" killing of coyotes. In fact, I'd love to shoot one or two of them someday. My question was badly worded. What I meant was, how do you dispose of the body? I know that Jeremy makes a years supply of packed lunches out of his harvest, but what do normal people do with their "piles-o-yote"?

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Obviously that guy has never smelled one of those coyotes. You ever see what they eat? Dead stuff. Not fresh stuff. And they roll in it. Some of those things make me gag. And they just right after I kill them, not rotting or anything. The smell is something you'll never get over once you've smelled a really bad one.

Latest posts