9mm NATO in DW?

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
I know you guys are probably right, but I sure hate to think about going through another LONG dry spell like we had before!! 25 cent .22 l/r sure seems like ancient history. I think I'm ready this time.
I'm not advocating buying all the ammo we can and cause another shortage . I just buy it when I'm near a store , usually Wal-Mart , so I won't be paying exorbitant again . Remember , if you could get it , some stores were getting $20 a box for 9mm . Right now it's plentiful at around $8 a box . I believe in preparing for a rainy day .

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
I started doing that before the 1st shortage (yeah it was a shortage). I just had a bad feeling when Obama got elected that things were going to get crazy. When the shortage hit I was in pretty good shape and was able to keep going to the range on a regular basis. I haven't stopped buying 3 and shooting one or two just in case. You never know...

SLAM37

Well-Known Fanatic
Winchester nato shoots like my carry ammo. I can pick it up for around $8 a box. I mix a few mags in when I go to the range. I still use Rem UMC and Blazzer Brass 115 mostly for range ammo.
124 gr is much better than 115,esp NATO rounds,some 115's won't cycle in some 9mm's.
147's are too heavy and are really a silencer type round to me.(esp sub sonics)

Fair points gentlemen, my fleet of 9MMs don't seem picky and work fine with 115's, but I can understand wanting to replicate a carry load less expensively or using the NATO load if it makes your pistola function better.

Latest posts