7.62x39 AR SBR

Gamecock24

Well-Known Fanatic
7.62x39 AR pistol

I'm still having feeding problems with the mags.

As for the light strikes I did install a Wolff heavy hammer trigger spring and still had a few lite strikes but not as many. What's your suggestion?

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
7.62x39 AR pistol

if you work on the firing pin it will weaken it. instead, just below the pin, where the hammer meets the carrier, take of 1/1000 of the carrier so the hammer can move a little farther.

make sense?

Gamecock24

Well-Known Fanatic
7.62x39 AR pistol

Well I'm going to find out if any of my tweaking fixed the problem in morning. :) going to Indian creek.

Gamecock24

Well-Known Fanatic
7.62x39 AR pistol

Well I still have had some light strikes and mag failures. I was very close to setting the mags out on the range and shooting them as targets because I was getting so pissed at them.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
7.62x39 AR pistol

NOooo mister Bill.

i may not have kept up well enough, but you do have a 762x39 bolt, right?

Gamecock24

Well-Known Fanatic
7.62x39 AR pistol

Yes it's a NiB 7.62x39 BCG from a company called Rock City. The magazine issue is real problem that's getting to me. We'll have to get up some time and let you check it out. But when this thing is working its fun to shoot and an absolute cannon.

Gamecock24

Well-Known Fanatic
7.62x39 AR pistol

The ATF has cashed my check I sent in with my form 1 to make this an SBR. So let the count down begin and wait for the stamp.

Gamecock24

Well-Known Fanatic
7.62x39 AR pistol

Well I finally got my tax stamp for this rifle. So four months turn around time with my trust. Now to have it engraved which I guess I need to have done before I swap the pistol buffer tube for a collapsible stock. I guy I work told me Innovative arms will engrave it for me.

AzogSS

Active Fanatic
7.62x39 AR pistol

Hey Gamecock. I have an SBR AK that innovative built for me and now I set up a trust. I am working in a SBR AR through the trust. You mind if I pick your brain about how you did yours? I'm in Columbia as well. Oh, I know a place that can do your engraving, it is used by local gun builders for that very reason. I'll PM my number to you.

Gamecock24

Well-Known Fanatic
7.62x39 AR pistol

I got the engraving done and rifle in its final configuration. A buddy is going to give me a Magpul MOE stock to put on it but until then this will work.

Avtomat-Acolyte

Well-Known Fanatic
7.62x39 AR pistol

Did you get the feeding issues resolved?

I have two SBR AK's in 7.62 but they use regular AK mags and have zero issues.

The long-documented feeding / reliability problems with the AR platform using 7.62 x 39 goes back years and is the main reason why I never considered it a viable option.

Gamecock24

Well-Known Fanatic
7.62x39 AR pistol

It did get better with some new mags but still have the occasional hick up. Tigerstripe suggested I modify the feed ramps which I haven't done yet and I will try but I still want to be able to throw a 5.56 upper on this lower also and it operate too.

Avtomat-Acolyte

Well-Known Fanatic
7.62x39 AR pistol

Gamecock24 said:
It did get better with some new mags but still have the occasional hick up. Tigerstripe suggested I modify the feed ramps which I haven't done yet and I will try but I still want to be able to throw a 5.56 upper on this lower also and it operate too.

That is one of the true benefits of the AR platform. You can change calibers and configurations with the push of two buttons.

I periodically check back on this thread for your progress because, again, you've entered into a world that has tempted me, yet scared me off, for at least a decade. Keep up the fight, good sir!

Gamecock24

Well-Known Fanatic
7.62x39 AR pistol

To one of the mods could you please change the name of this thread from 7.62x39 AR pistol to 7.62x39 AR SBR?

Gamecock24

Well-Known Fanatic
Midnight Raver said:
Done- remember though, you can always edit your own posts. ;)
Thanks!
Ok I didn't know the the title of the thread would change too. So all I'd have to do is change the subject of the first post?

Latest posts