.380 pistols

Squid

Well-Known Fanatic
I have had the sig P238 for 3 years now and shot the **** out of it. I would guess it has 4000 rounds or more down the pipe which I would consider a high round count for a pocket pistol. In all that time I have not had one malfunction. I don't mean no malfunctions that where not ammo or magazine related I mean no malfunctions. Now I don't think that my simple experience with this one pistol is the standard. But for a time I worked selling pistols (namely self defense pistol) and saw alot of .380 ' s sold and quite a few come back in the door. I won't bash on other brands but I will tell you that the 238 came back far far less than any other pocket .380. I will also tell you that most of the time the pistols that came back only returned because the new owner was limp wristing. And after a short explanation shot just fine. The 238 does not seam to have this problem as the recoil spring is much lighter. I am not a fan of the external safety as all of my other guns are of the striker fired persuasion but the little scooter just does everything else so well that I take that comprise and just try to train with it regularly. It's accurate reliable and appears to be built for the long run. Lastly I would not buy the 938 for a pocket pistol it may not seam to big in the store but in your pocket all day the 238 is about as big as you (I) want to go. Don't go cheap on the pistol that could save your life it doesn't have to be the sig but I would be wary of the cheaper guys. Titties.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Jesse Tischauser said:
You can get the LCP Purple Lady on Gunbroker for $185 shipped. I think I will buy one of those. If its purple nobody will steal it.
and you can get a matching purple holster.

zombiegirl

Well-Known Fanatic
I've had a LCP with laser---couldn't stand the sights or trigger on it....hubby has the TCP as a BUG and it has hundreds of rounds (reloads, factory as well as critical defense ammo) down the pipe with no issues..plus it has better sights--got it cheap at Sooner State. I've also had a shield 40..but it wasn't comfortable for me so I sold it. I also have a Sig P238 and a G42 for my BUG --super easy to conceal--though the G42 is much lighter since it a poly gun. I really think it's up to your personal preference on what you like. Good luck

JohnCea

Well-Known Fanatic
Ruger LCP II 380 This is so cool, Compact pistol, compact and lightweight, this is designed to fit a variely of holsters, ypu should try it!!