.380 pistols

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Looking to get one for just in case. Ran across a Taurus TCP today and the price was pretty good. Anyone have experience with this one? I liked the trigger. Others in contention are LCP, and Bodyguard.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Taurus auto pistols seem to be hit and miss so if you go that route, make sure you put a bunch of rounds through for testing.
Of the 3, I would go with the LCP.

Kahr makes a nice .380 and the Glock 42 is another contender.
If you want to step it up to a 9mm, look at the M&P shield, or XDS9

ShaneP

Looks good to me
I've shot the LCP. It's a carry gun trigger, looooooong and heavy. Shoots decent for what it is, can easily group decently at 7-10 yards for a pocket gun.

I don't have any experience with the others.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have the LCP, Kahr cw380, G42 and the bodyguard.

The G42 is big compared to the others but still fits in a pocket. It's great as an iwb gun because it's thin compared to a LC9 or Shield.

I don't love the S&W because of the safety.

Favorite right now us the cw380 follows by the LCP.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Shield .40 for IWB. Only reason I was considering the Taurus is that it's priced to move at $185. But, and it's a big but, I think you mostly get what you pay for. They have an LCP for $230 new, if I don't mind purple. I'm like Jesse with the safety on the Bodyguard. Maybe purple will make my blue eyes pop!

jtischauser

Bob Sanders said:
I have a Shield .40 for IWB. Only reason I was considering the Taurus is that it's priced to move at $185. But, and it's a big but, I think you mostly get what you pay for. They have an LCP for $230 new, if I don't mind purple. I'm like Jesse with the safety on the Bodyguard. Maybe purple will make my blue eyes pop!
I'd buy the Taurus for $185

Travis Colford

Well-Known Fanatic
if your getting a taurus out the door for 185 id take it to mess around with if you got the cash burning in a hole in the pocket.

Over all the LCP is a nice gun and if you did carry it and had to use it the person on the other end will just be like oh **** did he really just pull a purple pistol on me......

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
no offense Bob, but a self defense gun isn't something I'm willing to compromise on because it's cheap.
If the low price is the only reason you're looking at the Taurus, I'd skip it.

You only get 1 chance when it comes to defending yourself, there're no time outs.
I'd prefer to have the best weapon possible in my hands, leave the Saturday night specials for the bad guys.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
The LCP is definitely more robust. Also had dusky rose and hot titty pink for same price. Black was $70 more, go figure. G42 came in at $400. I do like the Glock, but the LCP seemed fine too. Plus like Matt said, Krylon. I agree Tony, I'm thinking the Taurus isn't for me. But since I'm not that experienced, I had to ask. Sometimes there are gems found in the coal mine.

dennishoddy

I carry the Kahr P3AT.
I know people that have owned the LCP and the Kahr.
All have said they wished they still owned the Kahr vs the Ruger.

dennishoddy

dennishoddy said:
I carry the Kahr P3AT.
I know people that have owned the LCP and the Kahr.
All have said they wished they still owned the Kahr vs the Ruger.
All that being said, I fondled a sig 938? At Wilshire guns. Kind of fell in love with it until I looked at the price.

Almost $800 for a .380?

jtischauser

If the Taurus is good enough for Jessie Duff it's good enough for me.

I finger banged those Sig's at the gun store the other day. They are nice! Definitely better trigger than anything else and more gun too. But it's a weird pocket pistol IMHO. I think it would be better served as a easily hid iwb gun.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Didn't she shoot a Taurus at Prod. Nats last year and the front sight started coming off the gun?

That's SO Taurus!!!!!

Latest posts