3 gun nation Pcc class

Eric1231

Well-Known Fanatic
I am considering shooting the Pcc division next year at nationals. Mostly due the fact fast and close rifle is one of my biggest strengths along with shotgun stages. Does anybody have any advice on shooting this class? I currently have a cmmg 9mm AR that uses colt mags. Accuracy seems to be an issue with most of factory ammo I have tried. I am going to try some hand loads this winter.
What distances are you required to shoot and how good of accuracy do you need?

How does the prize table work for this class? Meaning is it in order of finish in the class or percentage of the overall winner of the class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
You'll need to shoot 10" plates at 100 yards. If your rifle won't shoot 3 moa at 109 yards something is wrong.

Prize table will suck because there will be very few competitors.

jtischauser

I plan to shoot PCC as often as possible next year and at nationals too. It's a blast and I don't have to mess around going to a special range to waste $.60 rounds of match grade .223 practicing long range.

Eric1231

Well-Known Fanatic
What distance are you zero ing your rifle at? What rifle are you running?

jtischauser

Eric1231 said:
What distance are you zero ing your rifle at? What rifle are you running?

JP gmr-13

I zeroes at 100 for the only match I've shot with 100 yard targets using major power factor Atlanta Arms Ammo. It was super flat. Unfortunately it's long and it didn't run 100% in my glock mags.

jtischauser

benny hill said:
jesse, just built mine on a SBR receiver, 10" barrel , carbon fiber handguard and my new titam. comp with C-more w4 min dot, light,FAST and reliable. 6 lb 8oz w/o mag
I was considering a C-more but I've never used one and they are so fugly I am hesitant to buy one.

I like the carbon fiber hand guard idea. A 5-6lb PCC would be awesome! I might but mine on a diet.

Eric1231

Well-Known Fanatic
If I like the class I may end building an sbr like Benny did. I see that an sbr could be an advantage especially in USPSA plus I want one. Why does it seem like the glock style lowers are the preferred choice of a lower style?

benny hill

Mine uses uzi mags and I have 25rd, 32rd, & 40rd mags, Of course I did a great deal of upgradeing to the rifle as I cannot leave well enough alone. How about a 115gr jhp @ 976fps with total reliablity. Of course TY has to have one so to beat up on jesse with.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Eric1231 said:
If I like the class I may end building an sbr like Benny did. I see that an sbr could be an advantage especially in USPSA plus I want one. Why does it seem like the glock style lowers are the preferred choice of a lower style?

The glock mag lowers are preferred due to reliability.

The colt pattern & uzi mag 9mm conversions will run but not always 100%. You can get them reliable, but they still require periodic tweaking to keep them going strong. That's something you're not going to want to deal with on the clock. A dedicated system, designed for the application will always be superior to a conversion.

jtischauser

benny hill said:
Mine uses uzi mags and I have 25rd, 32rd, & 40rd mags, Of course I did a great deal of upgradeing to the rifle as I cannot leave well enough alone. How about a 115gr jhp @ 976fps with total reliablity. Of course TY has to have one so to beat up on jesse with.
You might want to look at his shotgun and pistol while you're at it. He's gonna need all the help he can get! ðŸ˜'ðŸ˜'ðŸ˜'

jtischauser

benny hill said:
YEH, we are still giveing him **** about the match, Even the good ones step on old blue every now & then.
That semi long range stage in bay 1 was a killer. so many penalties because 100 yards off hand is almost impossible especially in that wind. With that gay ass 3-gun nation cumulative time scoring those two longer range stages dominate the scoring in that match. I shot stage 1 poorly at 86 seconds. Somebody else in PCC shot it in 56. That's 29 seconds different and 65.5%. That 29 seconds lost was the equivalent time of one complete stage (3, 4, 5, or 6). That's 7.76% (29.71/382.70) of the total match time lost on one stage. Had it been 100 points per stage scoring i would have gotten 65.5 points and lost 34.5 points. Overall that would only be 34.5/1000 = 3.45%. Cumulative time scoring makes the hard/slow shooting so much more valuable score wise. That hard shooting (slugs, long pistol, long rifle) is also what the new shooters struggle most with. So they get beat even worse then before. Not a good way to grow the sport imho.

Rant over.

jtischauser

benny hill said:
BINGO, a home run on that. Stages need to be equal so 100 points each. A 100 sec long range is equal to 4 - 25 sec stages.

Yeah i don't get how come that isn't easy to understand. The only time cumulative time really works is if every stage has a mix of everything and the average stage times are all similar.

Eric1231

Well-Known Fanatic
benny hill said:
BUT, I am a gunsmith, so my stuff is a little more reliable than the average shooter's.
So for the average guy a glock style lower is going to be easier to get 100% reliability out of? What barrel are you using?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
benny hill said:
BUT, I am a gunsmith, so my stuff is a little more reliable than the average shooter's.
I have no doubt.

I've been playing with 9mm ARs for quite a few years, long before the glock mag lowers hit the mkt. You can get them to run, just takes a little tweaking & Mags are a big part of it.

The glock mag lowers eliminate all of that tweaking & mag finickiness. They just run & mags are readily available as are extensions, springs & followers.

I do think mag changes are a bit easier with the colt & uzi style mags, since they are straight in rather than at an angle like the glocks.

Latest posts