3-Gun Nation introduces 2015 rules for Regional Series

MarkCh

Well-Known Fanatic
Tuflehundon said:
Video I found online about the new Factory Division. Looks like they have already made some changes to the division. Seems a lot of people aren't to happy about some of the changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SJkxE6C_Eg&sns=fb
That's a very cool video. Didn't exactly answer my question, but it did give a good method for limiting your extended mag to 8 rounds, which is pretty cool.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
It means that in Factory Division, your shotgun cannot have the capability of holding more than 8 rounds. You either have to use a shorter extension tube, or you have to plug it.

Production Division states that you have to start with 9 rounds in the gun, but can have a longer extension and are allowed to put in more rounds after the buzzer goes off. Like you could before.

Unlimted has no capacity limits at the start buzzer or after. (for shotgun)

Looking over things, the only changes I saw to TI, TO, and Open (other than the name change), was to TI (now Factory). I may have missed something, but didn't see anything. Heavy did change, and they added pistol caliber rifle divisions. Pistol caliber rifle division allows 5.7's. Would be cool to see some P90's. Also, in pistol caliber rifle, you can shoot all paper and steel with the rifle. Only targets you can't shoot with it are clays.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
They have updated the rules again. Posted them on 3GN and Facebook today. Unlimted has had the magazine length restrictions removed on pistols. Should be interesting. Glocks have the 33 rounders that I don't think anyone esle does.

They also made it so you can use extensions on your Factory pistol, but have to download to 15 rounds.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Tuflehundon said:
They have updated the rules again. Posted them on 3GN and Facebook today. Unlimted has had the magazine length restrictions removed on pistols. Should be interesting. Glocks have the 33 rounders that I don't think anyone esle does.

They also made it so you can use extensions on your Factory pistol, but have to download to 15 rounds.
I am sure somebody has welded S_I mags together before and made a really big stick. I can't wait to see what happens there. That is a good move. It really was the only limiting thing in open.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
In just ordered a couple of 33 rounders for my Open Glock. It'll be interesting to see what people come up with. Might even see longer magazines. I know you can get a 50 round drum mag for Glocks.

jtischauser

Tuflehundon said:
In just ordered a couple of 33 rounders for my Open Glock. It'll be interesting to see what people come up with. Might even see longer magazines. I know you can get a 50 round drum mag for Glocks.
Are those drums reliable?

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Have never used one of the drum mags, so I'm not sure. I have only seen them in a few YouTube videos, and at gun shows.

I will likely just stick with the 33 round stick mags and be done with it. Just wondering what each company will come out with now that there will be a market for the longer mags.

desert_gypsy

Well-Known Fanatic
So if I'm shooting in Factory Division ("formally" Tac Irons) I've gotta plug my +6 tube to limit the mag tube to 8, and when I make ready, gas it up and then load one more in the tube? That's dumb.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Ya, that was the only thing I didn't like about Factory. Capacity limits on the rifle and pistol were fine to me, but not being able to ever load more than 8 rounds sucks. At least in Production you can start with 9 and load more after the buzzer.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Jesse Tischauser said:
My guess is something new coming from the suppressed divisions. Silencerco sponsored me last year and they really want to find a way to make suppressors viable in 3-gun. Especially since they have the new Salvo 12.
If anyone needs a Salvo 12, I know a guy that will get you a great deal on one with the M2 choke mount (IC I believe).

jtischauser

Adam Balzer (ChargerArms) said:
If anyone needs a Salvo 12, I know a guy that will get you a great deal on one with the M2 choke mount (IC I believe).
How does the choke/mount situation work with the Salvo12? I have an M1 SBS with no chokes. I can probably get it threaded for some special thin wall chokes by Briley. But the barrel is too thin for standard Crio plus or Mobile chokes.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Jesse Tischauser said:
How does the choke/mount situation work with the Salvo12? I have an M1 SBS with no chokes. I can probably get it threaded for some special thin wall chokes by Briley. But the barrel is too thin for standard Crio plus or Mobile chokes.
It screws in like a standard choke tube. The can then indexes off the choke tube/ mount.

silencerco_salvo-12_shotgun_suppressor_04.jpg

jtischauser

Adam Balzer (ChargerArms) said:
It screws in like a standard choke tube. The can then indexes off the choke tube/ mount.

silencerco_salvo-12_shotgun_suppressor_04.jpg
Can you get different choke constrictions?

Latest posts