3 Gun Belt Setup

SGoodwin

Active Fanatic
I'm totally new to the 3 gun scene. Was to curious to see what you guys run for a belt setup.

What would you recommend as far as being on a budget for a complete setup?

Whats the average loadout on a belt? 2-3 ar mags, 2-3 pistol mags, 4 shot caddies etc? I'm sure it could vary per match you compete in.

Thanks!!

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Here is my first set up (or what you don't want.)

speedo-gun-guy.png

Ok, I am using the CR Speed inner, outer belt system. I like being able to remove the outer belt with all the crap still on it and still have the inner belt to keep the pants up. For mag pouches, I carry only 1 ar mag pouch, and 2 pistol mag pouches. Shot shell caddies vary from stage to stage and I have mine all on TMMS / TekLok set up so I can remove them when not needed. I usually keep an extra pistol mag pouch in the range bag just incase I need it for what ever reason.

What I actually started out with on a budget was a police duty belt put on backwards (buckle behind) and the simple belt keepers held it down to what ever belt was holding my pants up that day. Caddies were the old weak hand style California Comp Works.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
SGoodwin said:
Lmao nice! I don't mind buying decent quality stuff but I'm not trying to blow 500$ on a great belt rig when its not needed for me yet.
Shot Shell caddies are going to be the biggest cost on the belt. Check out some of our forum sponsors. They carry the CR Speed and Double Alpha products that are very popular.

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
Yep,as Adam said, I would spend most of the money on shotshell caddies. I use a cheap $15 cordura cloth AR mag pouch that holds 2.it works fine. You don't hardly ever have to use more than one rifle mag at our matches.
2 cheap pistol mag holders work for me to. I think I started with a Focus double pouch and still use it and a blade tech pouch.

SGoodwin

Active Fanatic
Will definately look into those more. I noticed they cost a good amount. Anything wrong with going straight into quad loading?

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
Adam Balzer (ChargerArms) said:
Here is my first set up (or what you don't want.)

speedo-gun-guy.png

Ok, I am using the CR Speed inner, outer belt system. I like being able to remove the outer belt with all the crap still on it and still have the inner belt to keep the pants up. For mag pouches, I carry only 1 ar mag pouch, and 2 pistol mag pouches. Shot shell caddies vary from stage to stage and I have mine all on TMMS / TekLok set up so I can remove them when not needed. I usually keep an extra pistol mag pouch in the range bag just incase I need it for what ever reason.

What I actually started out with on a budget was a police duty belt put on backwards (buckle behind) and the simple belt keepers held it down to what ever belt was holding my pants up that day. Caddies were the old weak hand style California Comp Works.
Is that a pistol mag with extended baseplate in your speedo, or are you REALLY into your guns?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Shotgun caddies vary depending on stage.
I only use 1 pistol mag pouch and 1 rifle pouch, usually carrying a 20 round just in case mag cause I rarely need 2

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
BladeTech inner/Outer belt.

3 BladeTech Pro series pistol mag pouches
1 BladeTech Pro series AR mag pouch
Invictus practical 8Q, and two 4Q. If you want to go to a big match with 35 round shotgun stages add an Invictus Practical 12Q.

If you want to be really high speed add the BladeTech TMMS mini attachments for easy on/off.

Hit me up for a 10% off code to Optics Planet. They carry all of the BladeTech stuff I mentioned.

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
SGoodwin said:
Will definately look into those more. I noticed they cost a good amount. Anything wrong with going straight into quad loading?
Look at some of the many YouTube videos of quad loading. If you think it's something you can do just start out with quad load caddies. I prefer invictus practical. They are expensive but Kevin is a great guy to deal with and really stands behind his products.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

SGoodwin

Active Fanatic
jcameron996 said:
Look at some of the many YouTube videos of quad loading. If you think it's something you can do just start out with quad load caddies. I prefer invictus practical. They are expensive but Kevin is a great guy to deal with and really stands behind his products.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
I have a little bit. Invictus practical looks like a nice product.

SGoodwin

Active Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
BladeTech inner/Outer belt.

3 BladeTech Pro series pistol mag pouches
1 BladeTech Pro series AR mag pouch
Invictus practical 8Q, and two 4Q. If you want to go to a big match with 35 round shotgun stages add an Invictus Practical 12Q.

If you want to be really high speed add the BladeTech TMMS mini attachments for easy on/off.

Hit me up for a 10% off code to Optics Planet. They carry all of the BladeTech stuff I mentioned.
Appreciate the advice as always! Let me get that Camo M2 off your hands while you're at it! :]

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
honestly, you could skip the ar mag pouch & carry your extra rifle mag in your back pocket.
I've very very very rarely had to chage rifle mags during a stage & when I have, the back worked great.
2 pistol mag pouches are plenty.
Go with a loader that'll let you load Quad or Deuce, that way if you have too much trouble with quads you can load 2s.
Get enough caddies to carry enough shells for big 30 round stages.

SGoodwin

Active Fanatic
For sure.. Starting off with enough for 16 shells should be sufficient though right? Or it's one of those things that depending on the shotgun stage where you're shooting?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
SGoodwin said:
For sure.. Starting off with enough for 16 shells should be sufficient though right? Or it's one of those things that depending on the shotgun stage where you're shooting?
It will get you going. If need be, there's usually someone that will let you borrow a caddy or 2 for a stage if you ask.

SGoodwin

Active Fanatic
Cool deal. What else would be a good caddy to look into that wont break the bank? Load 2/Quad Loading. Invictus is nice but sheesh kinda pricey lol!! I'm a cheap ass at heart.

Brandon Deem

Well-Known Fanatic
SGoodwin said:
16 will do most stages. One of my locals, Dissident Arms Multigun, loves high round count jungle runs. I have yet to see a person be denied when asking to borrow gear. Most of the time its offered to anyone in the group before you even ask. "Hey guys it's 33 round to complete, I've got a chest rig of anyone needs it"

I use blade tech tech locks with tmms now. 3 pistol and 2 rifle (most I've had on the belt at one was 3 mags total. It's nice to be able to unclip the pistol holster and all.

I have 2 taccom dueling deuces on just tech locks. They are easy enough to take on and off. Next thing I'll get is a chest rig. I've only needed one once, but I really prefer to have my own stuff and loan it out than be dependent on someone else.

My belt I use is a junker that came with a police style vest I got years and years ago. Nice and stiff but no inner belt. I just try and wear pants that don't require a belt, when possible.

SGoodwin

Active Fanatic
I like the tek lok system, don't really think I'll have the need for the tmms. I've been looking into the Taccom Quaload's as well Wall, specifically on your website!

Do you guys perfer to run 1 8 shell, and 2 4 shell carriers? To seperate different loads etc. I assume that's the meaning for doing that.