.223 loads

Chambers

actual GM
Looking for load data on .223. Have a bunch of brass saved up.

Curious what you guys use?

I have 500 68gr. match BTHP bullets I haven't loaded up. Want a super accurate load for 300-400 yards.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Not sure about 68gr bullets but 24.0 gr of Accurate 2230 with a 55gr fmj, load to the cannalure, works great.
You could go up .5 gr. for a little hotter load.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
I use 24.5gr of Varget with a 68 gr Seirra Match King loaded a hair under mag lenth

Huckelberry75

Active Fanatic
Pyplynr, ar you shooting this from a bolt or AR platform? How is the accuracy at distance? Any specifics on primer, seating depth/COAL and case type? Thanks.

idleclamp

New Fanatic
Looking for load data on .223. Have a bunch of brass saved up.

Curious what you guys use?

I have 500 68gr. match BTHP bullets I haven't loaded up. Want a super accurate load for 300-400 yards.

I'm not sure what rifle you're planning on shooting these out of, but here's he load that I found for my 20" 1:8 AR: 69 SMK HPBT with 23.0 of Benchmark and a 2.2" OAL (if I remember correctly). I've been able to get sub 1/2 MOA with it. I tried all kinds of powder/bullet/OAL combinations and this is what works for my rifle. Subsequently. I use 23.0 of H322 behind a 55fmj for all of my other AR's. I could bump up the powder of I wanted to, but I mostly just plunk and compete with those rifles so knockdown power really isn't a factor for me. Hope this helps.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
Pyplynr, ar you shooting this from a bolt or AR platform? How is the accuracy at distance? Any specifics on primer, seating depth/COAL and case type? Thanks.

Yeah in a 16" AR. Not sure on accuracy at distance. Farthest I've shot this load was 100yards shooting for groups. Using the CCI military primers in the all white box. Not sure on the actual OAL. I was seating just enough to fit in the mag without issues of feeding. Getting around 1" 5 shot groups prone off sandbags.

Latest posts