2017 Contingency Program Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Branstetter

Well-Known Fanatic
Bravo1sqdfo said:
Burk/Wall,

Did Techwear give you guys any idea of timeframe when the link will be active?
Ditto. I keep checking the thread to see if the link is active at least once a day. That black/red jersey is awesome looking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Tyler Branstetter said:
Ditto. I keep checking the thread to see if the link is active at least once a day. That black/red jersey is awesome looking!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto. I've only been a member here for 4 years, I suppose I'll play too this year

martinga111

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
This is where the 2017 stuff will happen......
OK, just for my own clarification on the new score rules:
Photos of paper score sheets and email of match results will not count for 2017 Boomer Shooter point matches?
Must either be Practiscore or some other public web posted scores?
If that is the case it will knock out about half the matches I normally shoot.

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
martinga111 said:
OK, just for my own clarification on the new score rules:
Photos of paper score sheets and email of match results will not count for 2017 Boomer Shooter point matches?
Must either be Practiscore or some other public web posted scores?
If that is the case it will knock out about half the matches I normally shoot.
I have not see that but I also shoot a Thursday evening bowling pin match with paper score sheets. Not sure if there is a way to score such a match on practiscore

martinga111

Well-Known Fanatic
2017 CONTINGENCY RULES:
  • You must be a member of BoomerShooter.com
  • All firearms matches that are open to the public are eligible and count towards the 2017 Contingency Program. Matches must be planned events. i.e. scheduled and publicly posted by the facility prior to the event. Official (cumulative) results for the event must be publicly posted by the match or facility staff.
  • Must wear a 2017 BoomerShooter Contingency Jersey for the entire match to qualify

DavidR

Fanatic
You guys have a great program. I am considering taking part but have a suggestion. I am currently scheduled to shoot 6 Major USPSA and IDPA matches over the course of 2017. These range from Tier 2 to 4 in IDPA, and USPSA Level 2 and 3. As you are aware the cost to compete in these matches is substantially higher, but the exposure for BoomerShooter is also dramatically increased. My suggestion is that for participants that shoot Major matches should receive additional entries upon uploading the required documentation. Something along the lines of level or tier number equals the number of entries, or even simply a standard 2 or 3 entries in the drawing for a major match. Unfortunately I can not speak on some of the other disciplines but I would imagine they have a similar match level system. Thoughts?

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
In that case, I think everyone north of Oklahoma should have each match shot count as 2 or 3. You know, cuz it's cold and we only have access to about a third of the matches of you Southerners. (Just kidding)

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
DavidR said:
You guys have a great program. I am considering taking part but have a suggestion. I am currently scheduled to shoot 6 Major USPSA and IDPA matches over the course of 2017. These range from Tier 2 to 4 in IDPA, and USPSA Level 2 and 3. As you are aware the cost to compete in these matches is substantially higher, but the exposure for BoomerShooter is also dramatically increased. My suggestion is that for participants that shoot Major matches should receive additional entries upon uploading the required documentation. Something along the lines of level or tier number equals the number of entries, or even simply a standard 2 or 3 entries in the drawing for a major match. Unfortunately I can not speak on some of the other disciplines but I would imagine they have a similar match level system. Thoughts?
Thanks for your suggestion, but we've been down this road before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts