2016 deer hunting stories.

dennishoddy

Haven't been successful on deer yet, but I did take a turkey with my muzzle loader this morning. 10 1/2" beard.
dccfafdb0e565e59311bade42a26cd39.jpg

e1119427725f109e5e28e23edf84cfda.jpg

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
dennishoddy said:
Haven't been successful on deer yet, but I did take a turkey with my muzzle loader this morning. 10 1/2" beard.
dccfafdb0e565e59311bade42a26cd39.jpg

e1119427725f109e5e28e23edf84cfda.jpg
This is a deer thread. Please see post your pics in the turkey thread

posted via Tapatalk

trimantrekokc

Well-Known Fanatic
my daughter so far this year with a blackpowder 92# doe at 70yds. then this weekend a 100 yd 100# doe with her 22-250. proud as can be at my girl for providing for us!

Attachments

• aubs bp deer.jpeg
    aubs bp deer.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 9
  • aubs gun doe 2016.jpg
    aubs gun doe 2016.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 8

dennishoddy

trimantrekokc said:
Thanks and I will.....quite proud of her shooting ability and enthusiasm for the outdoors.
Heck ya! she has done better this season that a lot of experienced hunters. Congrats to you too for taking her out there, and getting her interested in hunting.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
My buck this year is my 2nd favorite hunting story. Opening morning, I walked out of camp to my stand since everyone wasn't ready yet and I didn't want to wait for a ride. Left camp about 45 minutes before sunrise and had a little trouble getting my climbing stand up my tree. Once I always take a minute once I finish the climb to cool off and let things settle down before I put my gloves and mask on. This year, I sit down and look to my left to start the scan of the woods and see a dang deer leg disappearing into some brush. Since climbing a pine tree in a climbing stand is a little loud I start cussing myself for not paying more attention as I was climbing and figure I spooked the deer. But I keep watching and I can see the dang critter through the brush eating some grass. Sucker then turned around and headed for a clearing. I get my rifle up and as soon as it stepped out I saw at least 8 nice tall point in my scope and squeezed of a round as soon as my cross hairs settled on the shoulder and dropped him like a rag doll. Look at my watch and it was 6:56am. My Dad, uncle, and cousins had either just got to their stands or just started climbing and where cussing me a little. Ended up having to drag his heavy but out alone but it was well worth it!

dennishoddy

Josh Beauchamp said:
My buck this year is my 2nd favorite hunting story. Opening morning, I walked out of camp to my stand since everyone wasn't ready yet and I didn't want to wait for a ride. Left camp about 45 minutes before sunrise and had a little trouble getting my climbing stand up my tree. Once I always take a minute once I finish the climb to cool off and let things settle down before I put my gloves and mask on. This year, I sit down and look to my left to start the scan of the woods and see a dang deer leg disappearing into some brush. Since climbing a pine tree in a climbing stand is a little loud I start cussing myself for not paying more attention as I was climbing and figure I spooked the deer. But I keep watching and I can see the dang critter through the brush eating some grass. Sucker then turned around and headed for a clearing. I get my rifle up and as soon as it stepped out I saw at least 8 nice tall point in my scope and squeezed of a round as soon as my cross hairs settled on the shoulder and dropped him like a rag doll. Look at my watch and it was 6:56am. My Dad, uncle, and cousins had either just got to their stands or just started climbing and where cussing me a little. Ended up having to drag his heavy but out alone but it was well worth it!
Thats getting it done the right way. lol.
Be sure and post a pic of your buck in the contest thread. Got some nice prizes to give away.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Be sure and post a pic of your buck in the contest thread. Got some nice prizes to give away. [/quote]

Already did as soon as I got home and saw there was a contest this year.

dennishoddy

Josh Beauchamp said:
Be sure and post a pic of your buck in the contest thread. Got some nice prizes to give away.

Already did as soon as I got home and saw there was a contest this year.

[/QUOTE]Saw that after I posted. Thanks!

dennishoddy

So, I'm sitting in the blind after a 3/4 mile ride on an ATC, then a 1/4 mile walk on foot to the blind in sub freezing temps.
I get this from the wife sitting in her recliner out the front window.

2b8d25e19c457969fd8f58f8ac7d0464.jpg

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
My wife was hugely pissed at me this season because I wouldn't let her shoot one about that size from the front porch.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Latest posts