2015-2016 deer hunting contest discussion thread.

dennishoddy

After you post a picture of your harvest in the official contest thread, put more pics in this thread, as well as your story about how you got it.

Any humorous incidents or exciting adventure stories are much appreciated. :D

This thread is for Archery, MZ, or gun.

dennishoddy

Had several does come into range. Still waiting on mr. big boy. Date and time is wrong. Changed the batteries, and forgot to reprogram the camera.

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Technically not a deer, but in the deer family at least. I'm on a 7 man hunting outfit here, on Tuesday we shot this one:

IMG_20151006_090532_zpsaqckrlvv.jpg

And then on Wednesday this one:

20151007_122705_zpsi3flkyve.jpg

dennishoddy

slemmo said:
Technically not a deer, but in the deer family at least. I'm on a 7 man hunting outfit here, on Tuesday we shot this one:

Lots of fine eating there!
If you can claim one that you shot, get it entered in the contest. :D

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
slemmo said:

North American Mooseasuarus. I would love to see one of them in the wild. Through a scope. I always heard they are mean as hell.

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
Sounds like its time to move then. :D
Sure, when I move to another stand, they come to where I just was and gets shot by someone else. Moose works in mysterious ways.

dennishoddy

Checked my camera's today. If I can just get this brute to come out in the daytime, he will be mine. With the pot belly, and brisket protruding, I'd probably age him at 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 years old.

dennishoddy

I'm in the stand as we speak waiting on something like ^^^^ to wander down one of the 4 trails I'm sitting over the intersection on.
Buddy that's hunting 2.5 miles away has pics of the same buck. We have a side bet to see who gets him.

Trunk Monkey

Well-Known Fanatic
Here is the one my son shot this evening for youth season. It's his first doe but his third deer. Got blood on the ground, now it's time to get serious.
31f3a0527b18e0d1092704138908ba19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

For my story on the Okla youth hunt, I had a young man and his dad in the blind. We got in at 1400 hrs, and immediatly started hearing gunfire very close. Started with one or two shots, and then went to a "lot" of shots an hour later.

Called the landowner, and he had no clue who that might be.

We left the blind as the hunt was screwed from this point, and I went to find out WTF was going on. Seems 4 guys saw a bunch of dove and decided to hunt them without permission.nt

I asked them if they knew where they were hunting, an if they knew the landowners name. They did not. The landowner called the GW to come to the scene and issue tickets, but the guys left. I got the tag number, and passed it on.

Hope it costs them some $$$$ That kid was looking forward to getting his first deer.

dennishoddy

Oklahoma muzzle loader season starts in the morning. Kansas was a week or so ago. Nobody from Ks get one?

Sighted in the Savage Smokeless muzzle loader yesterday. Spot on with a load left in it from last year. Love that gun.

Latest posts