2013-2014 BoomerShooter Deer Hunting Contest

dennishoddy

Its that time of year again to start our deer hunting contest. :D

This contest will start Oct 1, 2013, and conclude Jan. 15, 2014.

Hunt areas will be anywhere in North America.

Although its a deer hunting contest, entry's of Elk, Mule Deer, White tail, Black tail, or antelope will be accepted.

Like last year, each animal, be it a buck, bull, cow, or doe will count as one entry.

Only one entry per contestant, although we encourage posting pics/story's of all the big game you take, so we can enjoy your hunt with you.

Like our past seasons, we ask for proof of kill by taking a picture of your animal with "BS" on a paper plate, scratched into the dirt/snow, carcass tag showing the date with "BS" written on the tag.
If your state does the online check in method, using your smart phone, take a screen shot of your "tag", and post the pic. Don't forget!

This years prizes will be supplied by another of our great sponsors, The Shooters Source. Please visit his website for great bargains.

www.theshooterssource.com

We will have two $50 Gift Certificates for 1st and 2nd place. One each.

So, get out there, and get that bow tuned, guns sighted in, and get hunting!
Good Luck!

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I missed an opportunity on a nice doe this evening. I stood up to stretch just as she walked into the field I was watching.

ripnbst

Well-Known Fanatic
If I get out deer hunting this year I will post up my story and the animal but I'd be shocked if I am any type of contest winner. This will only be my second year hunting.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
I will be back out Monday. Since I work nights and weekends it makes it more difficult for me to get out. I am hoping being away from the little hole I found Tuesday will let the two does I spooked calm down and bring some friends with them to dinner on Monday night.

JustSayWhen

Well-Known Fanatic
Got a doe the other night but forgot to take a pic with me and the doe. Hope this is good enough. If not I will surely be getting another! I love hunting season!

Attachments

• deertagfilled10_6.png
    deertagfilled10_6.png
    368.7 KB · Views: 0

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Nice looking doe. Can anyone say backstraps? I may be down a while, my bow string is looking like it is fraying and I really don't want that snapping at full draw on an 80lb bow.

Fireman489

Fanatic
I'll play along ! Here's a video of last years buck I killed ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTVk1Yf20oc

Leaving for the FSU vs Miami game in the AM then continuing on to Alabama to bow
hunt

dennishoddy

Nice buck, and a very well produced video Fireman489!
Get us an entry for this year, and you will be in the running. Be sure to check out the rules in the first post of this thread.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Well here is the doe I got this morning on my controlled hunt at McGee Creek WMA. I will post a picture of the carcass tag as soon as I take one.

Attachments

• 20131103_091858.jpg
    20131103_091858.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 0

JustSayWhen

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
Only THREE entries? Are you serious?

Technically, NO entries since nobody followed the instructions :rtfm:
I took a screenshot of the tag and posted it. How is that not following directions.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
JustSayWhen said:
I took a screenshot of the tag and posted it. How is that not following directions.
Maybe I need to read the instructions :) I thought you had to show the tag AND a photo

dennishoddy said:
Like our past seasons, we ask for proof of kill by taking a picture of your animal with "BS" on a paper plate, scratched into the dirt/snow, carcass tag showing the date with "BS" written on the tag.
If your state does the online check in method, using your smart phone, take a screen shot of your "tag", and post the pic. Don't forget!
I will leave the contest to Dennis. Carry On!

Latest posts