2011 Arkansas Section Multi Gun Championship, October 29-30th

silver star

Well-Known Fanatic
For those of you that are shooing this as your first big match and are thinking you coulda done better think about this. This was my first match ever back in 2009. I finished 66th I believe. This was Mike Chambers first match in 2010. Not sure what he finished but it wasn't 2nd in any division. We are really fortunate to have so many great matches like this one nearby. Your gonna get better fast if you keep shooting.

I enjoyed the squad and the match.
The squad was mostly BS'ers and BoomerShooter members also, Ha.
I was 83rd at Nationals last week and 50th this past weekend.
Shooting with a hi end group of shooters creates a vacuum and pulls everyone up a notch.
There are tons to learn, the mental game of Multi Gun is my biggest challenge.
Watching video of my blunders is painful but useful.
I will refer to this post after next year's championship at Old Fort and hope to make improvements at least half as good as Jesse's & Chambers track record.
Oh and by the way, I said the heck with the time on a couple of stages because I could not resist shooting the cowboy prop guns until they were empty.

This sport is way fun.

Browtine

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a great time at this match as well. I just wish I would have found time to meet all the BS'ers.

I'm glad to hear that many of the top BS 3 gunners have made a lot of improvement since they got into 3 gun. This was my 2nd real 3 gun match with only a couple small club matches under my belt so I'm definitely in the learning phase of the game. I managed to finish 27th out of 70 in TO and felt I ran several stages well. However, the consistancy isn't quite there yet and I ran several other stages piss poor! All in all, I was wanting to at least finish in the top half and I beat that goal so I'm happy.

This match will definitely be on my calendar for next year.

Now, we just need someone to come up with a dedicated multi-gun scoring program. Waiting 5 hours for scores is starting to get old.

Chambers

actual GM
Now, we just need someone to come up with a dedicated multi-gun scoring program. Waiting 5 hours for scores is starting to get old.

I am very, very close to breaking down and writing a really badass one...but it would be for time+ scoring, since USPSA HF scoring is going the way of the dodo.

Anyway, video!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
great article buddy, They need to put you on the payroll

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Damn Chris! I watched your video too and you were just entirely too smooth on that lever action to pistol transition. Me thinks you've shot one of those before. :)

Great work on the shot gun and article too. :13:

Latest posts