2 drinks a week?

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I think I may need to make a statement about my AA (joke)comment. It was just in jest of the government regulating our freedom to do as we please. There is a real need for AA and people in that shouldn't be ridiculed or messed with. Thanks, all.
I think that was no problem. I knew you were joking and I would hope everyone else here did too. There's nothing wrong with a light hearted joke.:)....and this comes from the son of an alcoholic. Thankfully, I've never developed a problem with alcohol. I just sip a bit of good Bourbon occasionally, and I never get sloppy drunk. I get a good buzz going and go to bed.

I live with pain from being hit head on by a drunk driver 21 years ago. I guess I use alcohol to self medicate and get some pain relief. It's better than prescription narcotics, which I refuse to take. As long as it's not an addiction, I see no problem with a good drink from time to time.

Last edited:

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I think that was no problem. I knew you were joking and I would hope everyone else here did too. There's nothing wrong with a light hearted joke.:)....and this comes from the son of an alcoholic. Thankfully, I've never developed a problem with alcohol. I just sip a bit of good Bourbon occasionally, and I never get sloppy drunk. I get a good buzz going and go to bed.

I live with pain from being hit head on by a drunk driver 21 years ago. I guess I use alcohol to self medicate and get some pain relief. It's better than prescription narcotics, which I refuse to take. As long as it's not an addiction, I see no problem with a good drink from time to time.
Absolutely. The biggest reason I decided to take a break from drinking is I as I get older, am not as sharp as I was 50+ years ago. With everything going on in the world right now I need every advantage I can get. I was adopted so I know very little about my birth parents. My brother and I found each other thru a dna test. He told me that our dad may have had a drinking problem. I don't know how he knows, but I'd say it's a good possibility of it. Now it's become a personal challenge to me to see if I can beat my last break of 5 yrs.
To me it's like quitting smoking, We ( Miss LD, and I) both quit in January of 2014. She misses it far worse than I do, but we both know One and done, we'd go right back to it. I enjoy drinking far more than smoking.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

I never had an alcohol problem. However I did try their narcotics & found them to be a waste of life.
Sure they kill pain however at a real serious price, you immune system. They are a real crush to you digestive system &
will poison your system with toxins. A drink will relax you & calm your pain when you need it & you can still poop. :eek:

My Ol man a lifer with a walk on part in WWII & Korea, had a martini every evening until he turned 69 & then he drank a glass or two of wine
in the evening until he mustered out at 96. He refused to take pain pills also.

Moderation in all things wins the race.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
To me it's like quitting smoking, We ( Miss LD, and I) both quit in January of 2014. She misses it far worse than I do, but we both know One and done, we'd go right back to it. I enjoy drinking far more than smoking.

I quit smoking a 48 after my first camel at age 9. It was like being possessed by demons, I once threw a lawnmower through a plate glass window
trying to quit. Yep gum, patches, pipes, cigars, etc I tried it all.

When the day came I yelled at God to help me or else!! Or else what? :oops: Or else I am going to die I said!

On a visit with my dad & I just got down after an 11 hour drive & had been trying to quit again, plenty grouchy.
I smelled like the ashtray & my dad just asked me if I could just not smoke while I was down for a visit.

This is the same guy who I burst in on at 13, saying I'm gonna smoke if I want too & you can't stop me!

I just said, here goes God help me now, I will never smoke again if you do. I know you don't tempt your lord, yet I felt different this time.
Took the pack out of my pocket crushed them, never had any withdrawal & never looked back. Thank you God.

Today my willpower is so stron, I tell my monkey what to do, not the other way around.

dennishoddy

I was a two pack a day smoker before quitting cold turkey in my late 20's. Free cigs in our rations in the Army, cheap cigs at the PX basically kept me smoking. One day, said I'm through and left the cigs at home while going to work. What's odd is that I couldn't give up my zippo. Made every excuse in the world to keep it in my pocket. Finally about three months, left it at home. Knew I'd broke the habit then.
Raised during the days of sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Did it all but the drugs. Never had a joint in my life. Never had the desire. I've passed my share down the row at concerts and parties, but never had that experience, nor any other non-prescription drug.

Latest posts