16ga Shotguns

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I've got a Belgian 1962 vent rib Sweet 16 too. Only I don't have the box or anything and I need to find a mag plug for it. It was my grandfathers and he almost never used it. He was afraid of scratching it and it was his "grail gun". Grandma worked and saved for months and months to get it for him a Christmas present. It has about 4 or 5 boxes of shells fired through it best that I can guestimate and I've put two of those through it. I'll dove hunt with it if I ever get to get back to hunting and I'll shoot clays, but it's just too nice to make into a field gun.

Ill take it. PM sent.

dennishoddy

I've got a Belgian 1962 vent rib Sweet 16 too. Only I don't have the box or anything and I need to find a mag plug for it
I actually have the factory plug that came with my Sweet 16.

f1dd98dd.jpg

The Antichrome

There's a Merkel Drilling in 16 X 16 X 7 for sale on Enos. Holy crap what a unique piece of 16ga. goodness.

I love 16ga shotguns. Mathmatically speaking, they are the perfect and most symetrical gauge. Dad always had a Sweet 16 or 2. Probably one still in Moms safe now.

Just last week, I was viewing a collection of guns belonging to my uncle. He will be passing away soon and is liquidating his stuff. Among all his gaudy engraved 1911's and Vaqueros was a damascus barrelled 16ga sidelock side by side. It was fairly pitted and I couldnt make out the builder * but could make out 'made in London' The chamber indicators were marked 'D' and 'C' (for 'charged' and 'Discharged') Neat stuff. I'm also drooling over his damascus LC Smith, but thats a different story...

* edit: Took a closer look today was able to make out the builder: Bonehill Co. London England. Neat.

Latest posts