16ga Shotguns

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Growing the only semi auto dad had in the closet was an older Browning 16 gauge made in Belgium. I loved that gun! Semi Auto baby!!! I would sneak it out every chance I got as I wasn't allowed to use it. I took quite a beating when I scratched the stock on a fence too.

jimeradams

Well-Known Fanatic
Growing the only semi auto dad Jason the closet was an older Browning 16 gauge made in Belgium. I lived that gun! Semi Auto baby!!! I would sneak it out every chance I got as I wasn't allowed to use it. I took quite a beating when I scratched the stock on a fence too.

Typing before fully awake, are we?

dennishoddy

Thats the only 16 I have is a Belgian made sweet 16. Bought it unfired at a farm auction several years ago, and its became my favorite shotgun. I get into the safe, go right by the OU's and SXS guns and grab the 16.
Light, swings easy, low recoil even with heavy pheasant loads. Love the hand checkering on it.
I never could figure out why they fell from grace.
ammo has been relatively cheap. People are always finding out I have a 16, and mention they have a box or two laying around and no gun to shoot them with.

Photo0141.jpg

jtischauser

Typing before fully awake, are we?

95% of my posts are from an iPhone while driving or doing something else that requires much more attention and definitely no rereading to proofread. Its just a way of life for a mulit tasker like myself.

Thats the only 16 I have is a Belgian made sweet 16. Bought it unfired at a farm auction several years ago, and its became my favorite shotgun. I get into the safe, go right by the OU's and SXS guns and grab the 16.
Light, swings easy, low recoil even with heavy pheasant loads. Love the hand checkering on it.
ammo has been relatively cheap. People are always finding out I have a 16, and mention they have a box or two laying around and no gun to shoot them with.

Photo0141.jpg

Bastard! Thats it. What are they worth nowadays?

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
Jesse Tischauser said:
95% of my posts are from an iPhone while driving or doing something else that requires much more attention and definitely no rereading to proofread. Its just a way of life for a mulit tasker like myself.

Bastard! That't it. What are they worth nowadays?

I'd suggest you pay attention to driving before you run over someone like me on my bike and they end up owning your house and all those Benelli's. I see more drivers with a phone in their hand than I do hands on the wheel. Frickin forum posts can wait. Multitasker? There's no such thing, a mind can truly focus on one thing at a time.

jtischauser

I'd suggest you pay attention to driving before you run over someone like me on my bike and they end up owning your house and all those Benelli's. I see more drivers with a phone in their hand than I do hands on the wheel. Frickin forum posts can wait. Multitasker? There's no such thing, a mind can truly focus on one thing at a time.

Ha! Thanks Tara. Actually, it is part of my visual training for competitive shooting. Continuously changing focus form near to far just like acquiring a sight picture. I just posted this one while running a chain saw and chewing gum.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
Dont slip and cut off any body parts. At least if you're not driving, they will be your own. You should listen to Tara, apparently she's a little wiser than you. You're gonna get in an accident and kill someone or yourself posting forum stuff while driving. Accurate Ron probably has some additional tips on the subject.

jtischauser

Dont slip and cut off any body parts. At least if you're not driving, they will be your own. You should listen to Tara, apparently she's a little wiser than you. You're gonna get in an accident and kill someone or yourself posting forum stuff while driving. Accurate Ron probably has some additional tips on the subject.

Accurate Ron has a 3rd leg to post with.

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
I went dove hunting for the 1st time in 2nd grade with a single shot .410 but the next year I got to carry my dads old Montgomery Ward Western Field 16ga. I was a senior in high school before I ever shot anything else. I know its not worth much but I think Im going to have that 16 refinished and try to find some choke tubes for the old weaver choke systemthats on it

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
Jesse Tischauser said:
Accurate Ron has a 3rd leg to post with.

A lot of people wish they still had 2 good legs like they had before an accident due to distracted driving.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
I think the 16 fell from grace like a lot of things in the big boys world. Motors or guns its all about power and hype.

Pstmstr has made good observations.

Always wanted a 16 but never had one so got turned onto 20s. Friends and relatives have or have had 16s. A bud is saying his16ga shells are costing more than 12. I'll have to tell him to look harder if they are cheap elsewhere.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic

Photo0141.jpg

Great picture and very nice shotgun.

dennishoddy

Interesting story behind this gun. When I bought it, the son of the original owner talked to me about it. Seems the owner came back from WWII, bought an auto 5 in 12ga. His wife like it, but not the heavy 12ga model. He bought her the sweet 16, had a custom hand engraved Bishop stock put on it, fitted to her.
Before she could shoot it, she got sick and passed away. It sat in the gun cabinet from that day untill I bought it.
I was unsure of putting it into the collectible gun safe and leaving it unfired as an investment gun, but decided to make it into a shooter. I'm glad that decision was made. :D

BLR

Well-Known Fanatic
My dad actually has a 1962 Browning Sweet 16 vent rib light weight that is new in the box barrel is still wrapped in the wax paper it shipped in. The gun has never even been put together. He is taking it to Tulsa in March to sell. It kinda makes me sick to my stomach but just can't justify spending the kind of money he is asking for it.

dennishoddy

BLR said:
My dad actually has a 1962 Browning Sweet 16 vent rib light weight that is new in the box barrel is still wrapped in the wax paper it shipped in. The gun has never even been put together. He is taking it to Tulsa in March to sell. It kinda makes me sick to my stomach but just can't justify spending the kind of money he is asking for it.

What is he asking for it?

BLR

Well-Known Fanatic
He has a offer from a collector that will be at the Tulsa gun show in March for $2500. He would probably sell it before then but i don't think he would take any less than that for it. I'm trying to sell my Perazzi tm1 single barrel trap gun and if i can get it sold before he sells the Browning i might buy it.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Interesting story behind this gun. When I bought it, the son of the original owner talked to me about it. Seems the owner came back from WWII, bought an auto 5 in 12ga. His wife like it, but not the heavy 12ga model. He bought her the sweet 16, had a custom hand engraved Bishop stock put on it, fitted to her.
Before she could shoot it, she got sick and passed away. It sat in the gun cabinet from that day untill I bought it.
I was unsure of putting it into the collectible gun safe and leaving it unfired as an investment gun, but decided to make it into a shooter. I'm glad that decision was made. :D

Like stories that go with guns. I am glad that shotgun was purchased by at least one that can respect the gun. Man I would feel wierd every time i took that thing out,, but take it out I would. Thanks for sharing hte story.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
He has a offer from a collector that will be at the Tulsa gun show in March for $2500. He would probably sell it before then but i don't think he would take any less than that for it. I'm trying to sell my Perazzi tm1 single barrel trap gun and if i can get it sold before he sells the Browning i might buy it.

I've got a Belgian 1962 vent rib Sweet 16 too. Only I don't have the box or anything and I need to find a mag plug for it. It was my grandfathers and he almost never used it. He was afraid of scratching it and it was his "grail gun". Grandma worked and saved for months and months to get it for him a Christmas present. It has about 4 or 5 boxes of shells fired through it best that I can guestimate and I've put two of those through it. I'll dove hunt with it if I ever get to get back to hunting and I'll shoot clays, but it's just too nice to make into a field gun.

Latest posts