Your favorite drills?

tul9033

Founding Member
I'm always looking for new drills to improve. What's your favorite and what does it help you improve?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Good question! I practice my shotgun reloading the most for 3 gun. For pistol I do a lot of draws and reloads. These aren't good range drills though. I have to think about that one for a bit.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have been doing a lot of movement drills lately after taking Phil Straders advanced class. It has become painfully obvious how fast I move but how slow I get to my shooting. I am working on dry fire while moving around walls and targets adn getting the gun ready to fire as soon as my muzzle cleasr the obsticle. I am also working on getting the gun ready to fire the second my lead foot enters a shooting box. Actually I am ready to shoot a good step and a halp prior to clearing the obsticle or entering the box.

1911pete1

Active Fanatic
Match showed me a fun one at h and h.
You get the target that has 5 bulls eyes and just practice transitioning from one bullseye to the next like so:

Get a good sight picture on thebfirst bullseye and prep the trigger
Break the shot and move to the next and prep the trigger but hold on the spot till the sight picture is perfect
Break the shot and repeat the step again to the next spot slowly building speed forcing your self to make good shots

It's even more fun if you have a partner there to call out random bullseye numbers, it keeps the predictability out of it!

Latest posts