Your 3 Gun Kit, Then and Now

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I love the fact that half of you ATAS ninjas uses 92's to start.

I'm surprised we aren't seeing more pistol grip mossbergs.

jtischauser

He'll let's hear some of those USPSA and IDPA kits too.

I had a FNH FNP9 in an uncle mikes "everybody's first holster" with the mag pouch up front so that you have something to hold onto with your weak hand while you draw.

Started shooting USPSA so I has to upgrade. Picked up an XDM9 complete with Veridian green laser/light combo. Heck its on the cover of every gun mag it had to be awesome, right?

Then I bought multiple Glocks, M&P's, DAA belts, CR Spoed belts and anything I thought would make me better without actually practicing.

The best part is that I still haven't learned anything and just bought a CZ Shadow:)

I love this ****!

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Uspsa, I started with the 92fs because that's what Sergeant Riggs had on Lethal Weapon, then I went to a Glock 19, then I upgraded to an M&P 9pro and here recently I decided I've had enough of "limited minor" so with help from Mr. Miller I recently aquired the poor man's STI.. a Tanfoglio Limited in .40

jtischauser

Matt Rigsby said:
Uspsa, I started with the 92fs because that's what Sergeant Riggs had on Lethal Weapon, then I went to a Glock 19, then I upgraded to an M&P 9pro and here recently I decided I've had enough of "limited minor" so with help from Mr. Miller I recently aquired the poor man's STI.. a Tanfoglio Limited in .40
SGT Riggs! Lol!!!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Then:
11" SBR with suppressor & Eotech built on Noveske Lower & Vltor billet upper receivers
.45 1911 (with 8rnd mags.......lol) & Serpa holster with no mag pouches
Borrowed Shotgun from JT carrying shells in my pocket

Now:
Loki billet 18" rifle with JP LMOS & all JP internals & Leupold VX6
9mm Accurate Iron 2011 custom (23 rnd mags.....yeah baby) Triple Crown Holster & CR Speed Versa Pouches
24" Accurate Iron M1 & MME shell caddies

kdf9511

Well-Known Fanatic
Well for three gun I'm still in the Then stage.

Hesse 20" HBAR AR-15A2 with iron sights.
28" Mossburg 500 field gun
Glock 34

Jesse Tischauser said:
He'll let's hear some of those USPSA and IDPA kits too.
Well I started out last Oct shooting IDPA with a Ruger P95DC and a Fobus FBI cant paddle holster, 2 ten round mags and one 17 rounder.

I decided I like this so picked up the Glock 34 and a Bladetec holster for it.

Now even though I haven't shot a 3 gun yet I'm already looking for a better shotgun.

sharpshooter

Active Fanatic
Then:
16" AR, quad rail, RR trigger with some work, Eotech, mid length gas system - RR upper and spikes lower
Remington 1100 tactical
XD40, cradled in the obligatory Serpa holster of course
Gap leather belt with whatever caddies and mag pouches I could scrounge

Now:

JP CTR-02 18" - Seekins handguard, Jard 1.5 lb trigger, Swarovski Z6i
Benelli M2 24" tricked out by Accurate Iron
SV Infinity - 5" "california model" - (it's my IDPA gun, USPSA major gun and 3-gun - chambered in .40 and .45 - I still use that while I'm waiting on my 6" 9mm (and .40) to be delivered from SV, also have a 5.4 SV sight tracker on order in 9 and .40)
Full on ELS belt system to hold everything except the kitchen sink

Chris Rhines

Active Fanatic
I started out in... 2006? 2007? I had a nickel-plated CZ-75, a Bushmaster AR with a 16" pencil barrel and an UltraDot RDS, and a Franchi 612 semi-auto shotgun. I loaded shotshells out of an elastic loop belt, which I still have. I was a mess.

Many, many, many fits and starts later, I shoot a Glock 34 Limited-Minor, a 17" MSTN AR with a Swarovski Z6i, and an Accurate Iron Benelli M2. I load strong-hand out of Carbon Arms carriers, off of a Safariland ELS belt. I'm still a mess, but it has less to do with my gear, and more with my shooting.

For the pistol games, I went from the CZ-75 to a Glock 35 in Limited, then a Benny Hill STI .40. Then I switched over to Production with a S&W M&P Pro, and now the same Glock 34 I shoot in 3-gun. I have a custom STI in 9x19 for 3-gun, but I'm one of those weirdos who shoots the plastic guns better...

dennishoddy

Jesse Tischauser said:
I think we should have a "bring your old gear" match. I want to see west with his plate carriers.
So I tried "dropping dueces" with my Model 12 Win today, as its a factory 6+1. Ain't gonna happen with the factory springs. Just about lost a thumb. :O

Freedom Shooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Then: Gun's Stag with eotech then Black Rain with a vortex red dot, FN SLP Mark 1 Tactical shootgun, FNP 45 tactical,
Gear: Plate carrier with attachement that carried my shotgun shells on my chest along with my two mags pistol and ar. Leg holster for my pistol (Gear was the reason i stopped shooting last year)

NOW SCAR 16S Leupold Scope, FNH SLP MK 1 Comp., Glock 17
Gear all the correct gear to kick some okies butt this weekend !!!!!

No.343

Well-Known Fanatic
I shot my first 3-gun match with the 1100 in 16 gauge that my dad gave me. I had no idea that it had an o-ring. It quickly turned into a single shot. I still had a blast and couldn't wait to do it again. At that time we didn't have monthly matches, so the hunt for a better gun started. I bought an economy pack of o-rings and two 11-87s, one for me and one for the Pinto bean. We quickly figured out that it was a bad idea and soon after that I bought an M-2 and a Fat Free STI from Benny Hill. I quickly started wondering whether Kurt Miller was an angel from God or slept nightly with the devil. Since Donna is close to an angel I gave up on option two. Shortly after that, the day before his back surgery, he supervised very closely while I took my high power service rifle and a bunch of parts and turned them into a 3 gun rifle and a service rifle. I should feel bad because he was in a lot of pain. I shot my first match after a break of several years a few months ago and I wish I had the time that 3-gun demands. It is so hard to go to a competition and enter it just for fun.

jtischauser

Freedom Shooter said:
Then: Gun's Stag with eotech then Black Rain with a vortex red dot, FN SLP Mark 1 Tactical shootgun, FNP 45 tactical,
Gear: Plate carrier with attachement that carried my shotgun shells on my chest along with my two mags pistol and ar. Leg holster for my pistol
Is the now still the same? Didn't want to laugh until I knew for sure.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Then:
Glock 17 with shitty stock sights, but a stippled frame
Benelli SBE, modded by AI, from when Jesse was incredibly generously populating the community with shotguns like a ****ing boss
16" M4gery kit gun from Cold Hand Arms, Del-Ton upper and Spike's lower, DPMS parts kit. Yankee Hill flip-up rear sight.
Choate six-round shell caddies, holsters and various mags pouches by Blade-Tech
Motorcycle belt with huge chrome skull
Nothing to carry my stuff around in

Now:
STI Edge
Same Benelli SBE, with more chamber porting and shell catch mod
Same kit gun carbine, but with YHM free-float tube, Vortex scope, SJC comp, Kies adjustable gas block, Ergo grip, and I added a BAD lever to indicate that my penis is extra long.
Man-Mountain shell caddies, holster by Triple Crown, pistol mag pouches by Safariland (773 or 771), rifle mag pouches still Blade-Tech
Wilderness Tactical belt
Large garden cart from Lowe's that holds incredible amounts of ammunition and a few firearms.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Saw no body armor at the old S.O.F. matches, saw darn few drop holsters, and don't recall seeing Burk. For the final Jerpordy questions, when was the last S.O.F. where was it held, and who put it on and for the extra credit who won?

First 3-gun match...M-14, 1911-A1, Benelli 121-M1. Wilderness belt, Choat carriers, Blade Tech holster

Current gear ( since 2002) CTR-02 with Iron Sights, STI 6" Fat Free, Benelli M1/M2..depending on my mood, belt holster and carriers still the same...well the belt is a couple of inches longer than back then.

Latest posts