You know you're a gun nut when...

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
When you work a seasonal job just to fund your addiction for shooting, buying guns and ammo!

If you drive 50 miles one way to buy ammo you can't get locally or online. Knowing they will only sell 4 boxes to each customer.

If you go to Walmart every other night at 12:00 am or in the morning before 6:00 am just to see if they have ammo in stock.

When every day is online cyber gun day!

If all you want for Christmas or your birthday is a new gun or ammo.

kdf9511

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
When the UPS guy knows where to hide the package without a sig that is required, and "takes care of you". :wink:
When you have them ship to your office because the UPS guy has your sig on file and you have a 4' cubed steel lock box for them to drop off to.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Jared Carpenter said:
I quit smoking jan 1st and have this right beside my "dining room table"
respek-knuckles.gif

On topic:

when you quit buying regular handsoap for your bathroom and just use D-Lead soap.

Mattyvip

Active Fanatic
When your two year old dry fires as much as you do. So you feel guilty and start dry firing more.

When you buy a 3,600 dollar custom gun and don't blink an eye, but get pissed when you have to make 100 dollar utility payments because they're cutting into your ammo fund.

Wanting to buy an open gun but getting mad when unexpected expenses (like the truck payment) get in the way.

Explaining to people you're not crazy for cutting into your 1500 dollar shotgun and voiding the warranty because it'll help shave a few seconds on my reloads.

And my favorite, opening the gun safe (which is like a tetris game trying to get them to all to fit) and thinking... "I betcha I can get another one in that space"

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
When you look at your monthly bills and think "I bet I could talk these 3 into a bi-monthly payment plan" so you can stock up on mags and basepads.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
When you take over the entire dining room as a reloading space.

When you consider selling your uber-cool smart phone to pay for gun parts.

When "guns" is a category in your budget.

When your girlfriend's (now wife's!) family warns you that her dad will probably be cleaning a gun when you meet him, and your first thought is "Oh, cool! Wonder what solvents he uses?"

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
When you take your wife to the range and she takes a pic of all the guns laid out to post on Facebook that her husband is a gun freak.
(Happened last night)

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Matt Rigsby said:
When you take your wife to the range and she takes a pic of all the guns laid out to post on Facebook that her husband is a gun freak.
(Happened last night)
Wait, What? Why are you going to the range with Michele?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Rob Kroupa said:
When you can't make up your mind on whether to buy a STI or put in a tornado shelter...
When you rationalize this by telling your wife that you'll use the STI waaaaaaaaaay more than a tornado shelter.

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
When you rationalize this by telling your wife that you'll use the STI waaaaaaaaaay more than a tornado shelter.
Sadly I did try that...

Got another one. When you spend the morning setting a dillon tool head for a caliber you dot even have... Yet...

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
When you put the number of rounds fired and miles traveled to matches on your Christmas card. That was actually my wife's idea.

Edited it for you.

Latest posts