XS Big Dot Express Sights

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
4206Here you see the sights installed. Stopped at a range on the way home from a morning training session in NKY. Got a couple hunnert rounds with them. Still undecided. Totally different sight picture than I've been using for the past 45+ years. There seems to be more to it than just "dotting the I". Might have to go with the wide u notch and fiber optic front.

Krunchnik

Active Fanatic
Lately I have installed a few sets of these on customer Glocks-seem to be popular

Parausa

Active Fanatic
I am interested to hear more about your experience with them. They seem to be about the only aftermarket night sight for my EMP4 so I am considering them but currently use Trijicon HD's on all
my other pistols. Wondering if I could adapt. I think I might be too old to retrain.....

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
They are designed to be a fast on target sight set. These are not the sights you want if you are interested in shooting small, tight groups.

There is a learning curve with these as well.

RStone

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a pair back when the co was Ashley BigDot. I changed them out to Trijicon as the ability to make accurate small target shots were more difficult.

Maligator

Fanatic
I put a set on my Glock 27 and used them for about a year. As Bender said they are for fast target acquisition and not for tight groups. There is definitely a learning curve with these. I eventually changed them out for a set of Glock factory night sights since all my other guns have similar type sights. It was difficult for me to transition from the XS Big Dot sights back to the "traditional" sights on my 1911's and other handguns. They're a great site if your everyday carry is the same each and every day. Unfortunately I change everyday carry often depending on if I'm working, walking, or traveling. It was easier for me to change them out on one gun than to change several other to XS Big Dots.

Latest posts