XDs or XDM 3.8 compact, or something better?

White Kid

The American Reaper
I'm wondering what would be better to get.
Either an XDs or XDM 3.8 compact, both in 9mm.
I'm just kinda worried that the XDs is gonna have a bit to much recoil for how small it is even in 9mm.
What would the recoil of the XDs be compared to, like a Kahr cw9 or what?
I might get either a Sig P239 or HK P2000 SK.
I really really really need help on this here!!!!
So if anyone knows anything please help me!
Thanks!

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
I carry an xds 9mm, and I'm a small female.The recoil is easily manageable with good technique. I can shoot it one handed without problems. The trigger feels different than a Kahr. You just need to shoot the different guns to see what YOU like. We can't tell you what you will like.

OUshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
I carry a G23. I had the same questions. It all depends on the gun and you. I hated the lcp because it beat the crap outta me.

White Kid

The American Reaper
Feegee Matlock said:
Jesus Christ go to the range an rent some guns!! Then there might only be one thread of a bunch of questions!!!
Well sorry for trying to get help. Here we can't go and rent guns, that's why I'm asking questions, I'm not gonna drive 2 plus hours either just to shoot and try out 2 guns!

White Kid

The American Reaper
Matt Rigsby said:
Do what Feegee said. We can't tell you which one you'll prefer.
In McAlester, there isn't a place to rent guns, now there's gun store but can't rent, the city won't let us have an indoor gun range in city limits.

Fleche

Well-Known Fanatic
mike cyrwus said:
I recommend you stick to ok shooters
  1. "BoomerShooter.com | The Nation's Premier Firearm Community"
So much for community building.

Zander Pharr said:
Well sorry for trying to get help. Here we can't go and rent guns, that's why I'm asking questions, I'm not gonna drive 2 plus hours either just to shoot and try out 2 guns!
Not to condone boorish behavior, but mentioning that earlier may have separated you from the other "what's best" posts...not that we really get that many here. Asking about personal experiences with your gun options may have done the same.

As an example, I would have answered that I carry both the XDS .45 and the Sig 938. Both are easy to control and are joys to shoot. As a carry gun the XDS is sometimes a bit larger than I would like and that's when I carry the Sig.

Unfortunately, some people are just dicks online (but I hear are fine personable people in person.)

Feegee

The Magic Man
Well think of it this way.... Is 4 hours of your life worth saving money and being happy with what you got, and not what someone else wants. I also have asked on here what I should do or get, but I did not create 4 threads.
Boom there goes the dynamite!!

I hope this was nice enough for you guys because I sure don't want anyone to think I am not a dick!!

White Kid

The American Reaper
Feegee Matlock said:
Well think of it this way.... Is 4 hours of your life worth saving money and being happy with what you got, and not what someone else wants. I also have asked on here what I should do or get, but I did not create 4 threads. Boom there goes the dynamite!! I hope this was nice enough for you guys because I sure don't want anyone to think I am not a dick!!
The only reason why I had made 4 threads was to narrow down to what I want.

Clint Dismore

Well-Known Fanatic
I would think you could have done that with the same thread. Not to be a dick, but I usually Google something and do all the research I can before starting threads to ask on opinion. There are reviews out there on all the guns you have asked about

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
What purpose are you planing for these pistol (or rifles, shotguns, etc) that you are asking about? This will also help someone answer you. Without knowing what you are planning, it is hard to answer your inquiries.

Here is what I do to control my a.d.d (SQUIRREL!), If I am getting ready to start a thread on any of the forums I visit, I type out my question in MS Word first. This gives me a chance to read it before I post so I can see if 1) it makes sense, 2) i got me speelin wurds rite, 3) I read it again so I am sure I didn't forget anything, 4) add a smiley or other face thing.

In fact, I had a long paragraph typed out with an analogy about a puppy, but I decided it sounded dumb and removed it. :jester:

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Zander Pharr said:
The only reason why I had made 4 threads was to narrow down to what I want.
Buy what you think you like. After a while, if you dont like it so much- trade it. You have the luxury of a Dad with a fairly representitve collection.

Seems to me we should be asking you .... based on whats at your place

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Zander Pharr said:
I'm wondering what would be better to get.
Either an XDs or XDM 3.8 compact, both in 9mm.
I'm just kinda worried that the XDs is gonna have a bit to much recoil for how small it is even in 9mm.
What would the recoil of the XDs be compared to, like a Kahr cw9 or what?
I might get either a Sig P239 or HK P2000 SK.
I really really really need help on this here!!!!
So if anyone knows anything please help me!
Thanks!
Id think a Sig 239 would be brutal compared to XD compacts... the Kahr is ok for what it weighs.

For a carry gun.... you may have to gut out a practice session....a good CW pistol usually presents a compromise

mikey80

Negative Approach
Wait, wait....am I just realizing OP isn't a CCW holder or of age to purchase a handgun?

Dude....this could be the greatest troll ever. I feel ashamed that I even replied....

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Not a troll, just young. He and his dad came to shoot at one of the heartland matches once.

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
Micah_Rowe said:
Wait, wait....am I just realizing OP isn't a CCW holder or of age to purchase a handgun?

Dude....this could be the greatest troll ever. I feel ashamed that I even replied....
I feel like saying go join the Army, go through Rangers and Delta, then come back and tell everyone why they are wrong about you....

But if I did he might get mad and post about it on another forum.....

Latest posts