X-drill

TroyF

TheBearcat
This drill was introduced to my by Mike Seeklander. It is my absolute favorite drill, because of the variety of things you can do with it. You can vary your distance based on preference or the skill you are working on.
I think of this more as a pattern....

Setup: two targets spaced approximately 1 yard apart. I suppose you can space them howver you want.

Execution: fire two shots to the body of target 1' two shots to the head of target 2, two shots to the body of target 2', and finish up with two shots to th head of target 1. Basically you are shooting in a "X" pattern.

The cool thing is you can mix it up however you want (example: shoot the first four freestyle, reload, the second four SHO, etc...)

Change positions between each target, change hands, reloads, carbine, shotgun, etc....

The body shots let you fly, while the head shots simulate more precise or distance shots.

Try this drill, it's addictive. If I could only shoot one drill, this would be it.

Thanks Seeker.

DirtDiver

Fanatic
This is an excellent drill...I've added a pair of the large barrels, one on top of each other and do the drill around the barrels.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I did a slew of these today, it was quite an experience. It was really tough to get accustomed to transitioning back to a target that I'd already shot, and to keep the order straight. I tried two body alphas T1, one head alpha T2, two body alphas T2, one head alpha T1. A tough new drill to do at speed, but very respectable, and I begrudgingly like it.

aeropb

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for sharing this Troy. My brother and I shot it the other day for the first time. I really like it

scooter123

Fanatic
I set this up for rfile practice but put the targets out at 50 yds with 40 to 50 yds between them. Then I work with different magnifications on my scope. Seems to be a sweet spot at about 2X. Any less and head shots might miss, any more and field of view thru the scope is to small...

Latest posts