Sold/Expired wtb iwb holster for 3in 1911

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
One thing you might consider IF you go with Kydex, get a holster for a Commander size gun. The really short barrels of the Officers sized guns don't always lend to great IWB carry because there is more weight and bulk above your waistline than there is below it. It helps stabilize it

The reason I say Kydex is that if you use the shorter gun, it won't collapse the muzzle end of the holster like leather might.

One last thought, because that gun is pretty short, it really does carry nicely OWB, with a good high-rise holster and a good belt.

Just some random thoughts from Afro Man
afro.gif

chazroh

Active Fanatic
Didn't think about the top heavy part. I really like iwb. But need to find one that rides deep. I'll have to do some more research. Thanks

Huckelberry75

Active Fanatic
Burk is 100% right on the money. I carry a SA V-10 Ultra Compact and much prefer a high rise OWB than my Bianchi IWB. I sometimes feel like it is going to flop out on the ground, especially after I stand up from the car or a restaurant etc. Much prefer something like a Don Hume Open Top, I think it's the model #721. It has a body shield to protect you from the controls, and has a good "form fit" grip to the weapon. The Don Hume is also only ~$50, so if you don't like it, you haven't broken the bank on a Sparks or other really high end piece of leather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts