Sold/Expired WTB .25-06 brass

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
When I had my 25-06 don't think I ever had a piece that was actually marked 25-06... all mine was resized 30-06 :) not bad just run thru the die and trim to length if you can't come up with any marked 25-06. Later,

Kirk

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
Yea all my .270, .30-06, 25-06 brass are in use from me being industrious over the winter. And all my 338-06 brass turned into .35 Whelen brass. -06 brass is something I'm usually lacking and I was gunning for some brass with proper headstamp. But you know the old saying about beggars being choosers.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I'll keep an eye out but seems if I recall it was rather difficult to hunt down but that was many years ago I think it has gotten more popular since. Good luck on your hunt. Later,

Kirk

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
If you size 30-06 brass down to 25-06, does it require annealing? If its just sizing and trimming, I may give it a try. A good project for the old Rock Chucker.

I see that Amazon has a seller of 25-06 brass but at $1.00 per piece, seems a little expensive. Unless I wanted a special load, I think I'd stick with buying Remington 25-06 at Walmart for under $25 per box.

dennishoddy

Flatland Shooter said:
If you size 30-06 brass down to 25-06, does it require annealing? If its just sizing and trimming, I may give it a try. A good project for the old Rock Chucker.

I see that Amazon has a seller of 25-06 brass but at $1.00 per piece, seems a little expensive. Unless I wanted a special load, I think I'd stick with buying Remington 25-06 at Walmart for under $25 per box.
I haven't done it but suspect it would require annealing.
Pretty good stretch.
Annealing is not hard to do, just have to use the pens that put a mark on the brass. I've done a dozen or so at a time with a rose bud on the cutting torch. Just keep it moving across the necks until the pen mark goes away. I used to anneal the 06 brass for a 44 mag desert eagle that is not in the safe any more.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Recommended... yes! do you have too? no

Only thing you need to worry about is cold forming brass as it get harder the more you do it and it will loose it's stretch, eventually you'll split necks. Annealing is rather a simple process that doesn't take much effort. I built a little fixture that goes on a drill, you just spin it slow with the neck of the brass in the flame until you get a slight discolor (a couple times you'll know the look) and that's about it. Later,

Kirk

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for the input. I've never tried annealing brass but may give it a try. I've got a few pieces of 30-06 brass laying around so just need to do it.

I no longer have my gas welding/cutting tools. Will one of those small torches plumbers use work?

Latest posts