Wow...Ponca City Wal-Mart selling AR-15's now

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
I seen that they had the R-15 last week. It was the camo one so I didn't think much of it. It was right around 1K. This evening me and the family was there and seen a Bushmaster patrol AR-15 in the display. 16" carbine, M4A3 priced at $897.00..
A few months ago I asked them if they was ever going to sell handguns or AR type guns. The answer I got was that it wouldn't ever happen. The lady I talked to tonight said since it's labeled "R-15" etc, that they will sell them. Since it's not called an "assault rifle" . I'm guessing Armalite won't ever be there...

Anyone have any opinions on this? I always worry about quality issues when Wal-Mart starts picking up new items....I'm not for sure if anyone else has seen them yet or not at their local Wal-Marts. it's almost bitter sweet for me..I doubt they will ever carry any sort of accessories etc and I'm in the process of getting my FFL .....this was a little shot in the nuts to me.

twotonevert

Well-Known Fanatic
I look at our Walmart all the time for deals, no AR types that I have seen. Will have to give them another look.

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
Hmm....They just started this about 2-3 weeks ago in Ponca City. The R-15 had a 10rd mag with it. This Bushmaster had the 30rd mag. it depends on what the sporting goods department manager at "that" stores flavor is. .....I think....Also I think they have to get it approved thru their store manager or district manager. I think this is how it goes but don't quote me on it.. I do know that them selling handguns is still a hell no.

A lot of stuff sold at Wal-Mart is a certain model that only Wal-Mart carries...Kinda hard to explain...I'll just give an example......Let's say a Sony Bravio LED TV model 710...... other stores will carry the same model but Wal-Mart's will have different manufactured parts on their TV.. I'm assuming the cheapest, but not always...Most big retail stores are like this....Kinda like the Tractor Supply Cannon safes, I bought the big one last year when they were on sale....Turned out being a great deal.

I think Remington and Bushmaster are owned by the same company, or something along that line. I know they have ties.Honestly if Wal-Mart wanted to go head to head with Bass Pro, Cabelas, or other large gun retail stores they, would end up on top. They are so huge they can afford to sell stuff at the bare minimum. Really, this isn't good at all. I would rather Wal-Mart not sell AR's. With the amount of AR's it would take to keep them inventoried?!?!?...... I really think it would effect the quality control. Just my opinion and I might be completely wrong

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
yep we got the word that we will all be recieving ONE bushmaster patrol mans carbine. I hadnt heard about the camo version but ive been on vacation. It more than likely is a test to see how they will do in the stores. wal-marts going hard at picking up customers lost to some shitty decisions of the last company president. we are seeing a lot of stuff that has never been available to us before start to trickle into the stores.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Hmm Ive heard the 15th and I-35 walmart here in Edmond was stocking guns again. I guess Ill have to go check it out.

I saw that earlier this week. I was really suprised. I am gonna pick walmart up as a shooting sponsor. I'll be shootingmy Ruger 10/22, Mossy 930, and Taurus judge for 3 gun.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
A few years back I stopped in a Walmart in New Mexico... they had Browning A bolts and a few other higher quatlity sporting rifles in stock at that particular location. I remember some Walmarts stocking handguns back in the 80's.... but I don't think thats going to happen again any time soon,

I am glad to see they are getting into the program again. The Edmond store at I35 near 15th has some reloading stock (a little powder, shotgun wads and primers) in stock

dennishoddy

The R-15 is made by bushmaster, and sold under the Remington name. I've owned one for several years. It's accounted for several deer and varmints.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
as far as "quality" goes that is on the manufacturer not wal mart, they do drive "hard" deals to get good prices, but it is up to the manufacturer if they want to "drop" quality... that being said i wouldn't worry about it, i have bought thousands of rounds of ammo from them without one issue and most things at walmart are fine, their PS3 aren't a different quality than what you would buy at best buy. Coke is exactly the same as what you would buy at crest, etc.....

crash217

Well-Known Fanatic
I just noticed the bushmaster at the old walmart in Stillwater last night. I despise walmart and rarely go ther unless I have to. I do applaud the convenience but, like the mall I dislike the crowds and the monopolistic nature.

Browtine

Well-Known Fanatic
A few years back I stopped in a Walmart in New Mexico... they had Browning A bolts and a few other higher quatlity sporting rifles in stock at that particular location.

Many of the Wal-Marts in the west have very extensive hunting departments with large gun selections. They cater to their individual markets. The hunting/gun department in a suburbia OKC WM is going to be vastly different than the WM in Salida, CO. Tourist dollars from local and out of state big game hunting is huge in the western states, WM takes full advantage of that.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
The Walmart in Ada had the camo R-15 as well. It comes with a 10 round mag because they try to promote it as a hunting type firearm. Get a few higher capacity mags and it would still make a nice base gun for competition.

Latest posts