would this have been a good buy?

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
Just wondering if this would have been a good buy. not necessarily for 3-gun but just in general. Here it was....

and yes I just stalk budsguns all day looking for good deals :D

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The benelli Tactical's are not good 3 gun shotguns. That us an average deal. The tactical doesn't come with the comfortech stock so it basically a short barrel version of the $850 benelli M2 American.

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
yeah I wasn't really worried about it as a 3-gunner, just wondered it the world had been buying these up like some of the others.

jtischauser

Those had a factory rebate not to long ago and may still have. The 21" field guns are pretty rare compared to the longer barrel hunting guns. I figure a guy looking for HD hoes with the tactical model and bird hunters go with linger barrels and they just don't make a bunch of short ones due to demand. So when 3 gun exploded this year and velocity shooter/salient became a master dealer they bought the remaining stock from benelli in 21". I thunk that's how the short ones got so rare. I could be completely wrong though A's some if that is speculation. Velocity shooter did tell me they bought ever 21" in the US that wasn't on dealer shelves last August.

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
so what your really trying to say is we should buy every 21" field we find.... :97:
Do we know anyone looking for a new one right now? I may have located one.

redneck1861

No, I didn't get arrested
so what your really trying to say is we should buy every 21" field we find.... :97:
Do we know anyone looking for a new one right now? I may have located one.

I am looking for a new scatter gun, but price is the factor for me

redneck1861

This one would probably be in the $1100-$1200 range, I would guess.

I am probably gonna start with the SLP, unless I find a good deal on a Benelli. How much extra would it be to have crywus to get it race ready. Like that bigass tube.

But inst if you have more than 9? rounds in the tube it puts you in open?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I am probably gonna start with the SLP, unless I find a good deal on a Benelli. How much extra would it be to have crywus to get it race ready. Like that bigass tube.

But inst if you have more than 9? rounds in the tube it puts you in open?
9 rounds in the gun not the tube. 8+1 at the buzzer. Cyrwus wouldn't be your source for the tube. That's just something you'll order from your favorite online vendor & screw it on. Cyrwus would be for all of the machining & installation work to pimp it out, like sight installation, loading port work, bolt work, stipling, etc...

redneck1861

9 rounds in the gun not the tube. 8+1 at the buzzer. Cyrwus wouldn't be your source for the tube. That's just something you'll order from your favorite online vendor. Cyrwus would be for all of the machining & installation work to pimp it out, like sight installation, loading port work, bolt work, stipling, etc...

Well thats what I mean, how much including the parts and his time to do it?

I will be dropping of my G35 next week to get the triggerguard undercut. He said he wouldn't charge me to install my magwell

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Well thats what I mean, how much including the parts and his time to do it?

I will be dropping of my G35 next week to get the triggerguard undercut. He said he wouldn't charge me to install my magwell
You know I can't make quotes for his business. But I'm sure he'd be more than happy to quote you a price & make you a fair deal. I've never been disappointed by his work or his prices. I've always felt like I've left his place with a great deal. FYI he loves repeat business.

redneck1861

You know I can't make quotes for his business. But I'm sure he'd be more than happy to quote you a price & make you a fair deal. I've never been disappointed by his work or his prices. I've always felt like I've left his place with a great deal. FYI he loves repeat business.

He is the only person I would consider going to. I might have him o the extended beavertail, but I want to see how it feels first

jtischauser

My open gun is 12+2.

Mike has different levels if what he can do for you so that you can do it in steps or all at once. That undercut trigger guard and beavertail in the Glock are nice if you have big meat hooks like me.

That SLP your looking at comes with everything you need other than the maintenance schedule required in 3 gun. Talk to technetium99 about that.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I know someone will ask wth +2 means :). 1 in the chamber & 1 ghost loaded (on the lifter).

Latest posts