World War 2 US Army Issue 1911

crash217

Well-Known Fanatic
I have gotten my fill of nostalgia and letting someone else enjoy this fine firearm.

It is a Remington made US Army issued 1911. I had it appraised a year or so ago by Stillwater Armory and have their certificate with the firearm.

It appraised at $1800-$1900 and is in 95% condition. Its only flaws being that it does not have an original box and it has an "idiot scratch" on the slide pin area.

I shot one magazine through it before appraisal to see if it functioned, cleaned it up and sat it back in the safe until appraisal. It shoots flawlessly and is a pleasure to shoot as most any high quality 1911 is.

The armorers stamps on this firearm indicate that the weapon was issued and never returned for repair or re-issue. So, it is ALL ORIGINAL. I wish the Army kept records of who got what so that a nice story could be found on where the gun was taken and so on, but they don't so it stands to reason that it is just as likely that this gun was in Normandy or Iwo Jima as it was likely to have been carried by some low ranking officer who watched over a motor pool in Kansas. I suggest making up your own story about it to wow and impress your friends. (Perhaps it was used by someone in a Tank battalion in Africa? Who knows!)

Contact me by email with your phone number and I will send you pictures of the firearm and its appraisal certification as soon as possible.

Serious inquires only please.

Pick up in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

I am asking $1800 firm.

[email protected]

Thanks for looking!

Latest posts