WORD TO THE WISE

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
OK GUys

here is the deal. Twic e in the past 2 weeks ,someone trie d to open an amazon prime membership and a amazon prime account credit card in my name. they used the wrong address +>>>

LUCKILY I lock my credit with each agency. It is easy and it protects you--+ it is free. you can do this on line or by telephone with EACH company( equifax,experian and Transunion) . You have to pay $10 for each time you open your credit when you need to allow access...BUT the peace of mind that no one caN GET INTO YOUR CREDIT IS WORth IT TO ME

WORD TO THE WISE--protect yourself or pay the price for not

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
Good post, Doc!
I'm retired and finances are pretty stable so I locked my credit reports about two years ago. It's sound advice and a good way to help protect against identity thief. I also signed up for the free credit monitoring that was offered after the breeches at Home Depot and at Experian Credit. I think the year of free credit monitoring has expired from the Home Depot offering but Experian has extended their monitoring through a subsidiary company of theirs. These problems seem like they increase around Christmas time each year.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
LifeLock.......because there are crazy dealers out there who are not as respectable as most like to believe.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
In my state I can lock my credit with the three credit bureaus for free. Had it locked for me, the wife, and my old mom for a decade-or more. It can be an annoyance when I have to temporarily unfreeze my credit for various reasons from time to time, but the peace of mind is worth it.

Latest posts