Wisdom teeth

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
The dentist snatched out my wisdom teeth on monday morning. I was pretty doped up but it felt like I had a football helmet on and the dentist had ahold of the facemask and was torquing my head all around. Now I'm eating soup and pudding.

Anyone else loose all 4 wisdom teeth in a day and how long until I can eat normal foods and not have my empty sockets aching?

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
I didn't have all 4 wisdom teeth out at one time but I had 7 total pulled when I got my bottom ones out. I was eating real food after about a day but I was really careful about what I ate and how I chewed my food.

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
I had three pulled at once. I took the pain pills they gave me just that day and the next day I was eating normal food, just carefully.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
The Taco Bueno bean burrito just kicked my butt. I took two bites and then had to open them up and eat the beans and cheese only. It was still better than the soup and pudding I've been eating for a day and a half.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I had to have all 4 cut out. It was a nightmare.
I can relate to this. And I got the dry socket from hell in one of them, they had to go back in and clean out the pieces of jawbone that kept sluffing off a couple of times. The surgeon said that one was impacted worse than he had ever seen and that was the one that caused all the fun. The other three were a piece of cake.

stroker-c10

Well-Known Fanatic
I didn't have all 4 wisdom teeth out at one time but I had 7 total pulled when I got my bottom ones out. I was eating real food after about a day but I was really careful about what I ate and how I chewed my food.

Thats funny. I had seven wisdom teeth too. The doctor told me it is not really that abnormal to have extras. I had all seven pulled at once at the oral surgeon in Stillwater (Sethman and Miller) but they also put me under. I was out of it when I woke up, but after coming home and resting I was good. Just a lil sore. Eating mashed potatoes and mac and cheese that afternoon.

dennishoddy

Kind of a long story, but its applicable to the thread.

Getting off of active duty in the mid 70's, I had a year to get a dental exam with the VA.
When it happened, I had three ingrown.
Had to do the full anestesia thing, and when I woke up, the VA DR walked me from the 7th floor to the 1st, and told the pharmasist to give me a prescription.
I don't know what it was but I was a zombie for three days with one pill.
I was a chain smoker, prior to this, and decided to quit.

Many years later, I still don't smoke. I'd sure like to see the smokers quit.

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
Thats funny. I had seven wisdom teeth too. The doctor told me it is not really that abnormal to have extras. I had all seven pulled at once at the oral surgeon in Stillwater (Sethman and Miller) but they also put me under. I was out of it when I woke up, but after coming home and resting I was good. Just a lil sore. Eating mashed potatoes and mac and cheese that afternoon.

yeah they put me under also had to go back a few years later to get my top wisdom teeth cut out. My head just hurt for a couple of days. The top two i think i took the pain pills the first day then i went and played paintball the day after

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
This thread makes me sad. I want my teeth pulled sooooo bad. I have 5 wisdoms. One is a tooth bud and two or three of them are impacted one of them severely. Even with insurance it will be in the $2200 range to get them pulled. I just don't have that kind of money.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Mine was close to 1400 with insurance. It put a damper on me buying a 2011.

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
I can relate to this. And I got the dry socket from hell in one of them, they had to go back in and clean out the pieces of jawbone that kept sluffing off a couple of times. The surgeon said that one was impacted worse than he had ever seen and that was the one that caused all the fun. The other three were a piece of cake.
I also had dry socket. It sucked bad. I had one that had grown up into my synus cavity and two that had grown into the jaw bones. I felt like someone beat me with a bat.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I had 4 taken out a couple of years ago. I was doped up and my wife said I acted like a douche on the ride home. In fact, she tossed out the remaining pain pills due to the way it caused me to act. Mine was not a fun experience. To top it off, they damaged a nerve that was tangled up with my wisdom teethe and I still get the occasional "fuzzy" feeling in my left cheek.

crash217

Well-Known Fanatic
I had 2 wisdom teeth and all 4 molars pulled at one time... (damn brace bands gouged the enamel off and made my molars very porous)

Luckily I had great insurance and the only out of pocket cost to me was $50 to put me under. I just asked to not remember the day.

It took me about 3-4 days to actually eat anything substantial, because of pain or not being able to chew it right. The "odd" feeling of not having any molars to chew with went away after about a month. I too got the tangled nerve treatment, but the numb tingles went away within a week.

Aside from the discomfort of eating for a couple days, the worst part of it all was my low tolerance for oxycodin. My doses had to be extremely precise, 30 minutes either way of right on time and not enough or too much food in my stomach would have me either in mildly agonizing pain or dizzy, sweating, and hunched over a toilet for a couple hours.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Mine was close to 1400 with insurance. It put a damper on me buying a 2011.

About what mine was. I got all four out last October. It hurt for a day or two, and I ate mushy foods for several days. I took two days off work, the day of the procedure, and the day after. Follow their directions as much as possible. They recommended swishing with warm salt like 17,000 times a day after you take out the cotton swabs, but that's hard at when you're at work.

I didn't get dry socket, but it did take a while before I could eat normally with impunity. The bottom sockets still have a little bit of a pit there.

bjg-1911

1911 Master
Dang... that's 4 that I missed...Damn tooth fairy . Looks like he planted another tail feather in my coffee :):):)
Barry

Latest posts