Winter Range......Shooting barefoot Indoors

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
Just finished rehabing the winter range.

Using an OCKEN portable backstop in a fully carpeted garage. Shooting positions set at 3,5,7&9 yards

Shooting barefoot in the rain, sleet, cold, every day, all winter.796491E0-03F7-4E78-89F3-5181E0971241.jpeg

22ConversionUnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I used to shoot .22 short CB's into a small steel trap in my basement at 15 yards in the winter out of a old Colt Woodsman. Haven't done that in quite a while because it irritates the missis (go figure!). I wish I had a personal outside range but sadly I have close neighbours that would call the Police.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Nice! What about issues with lead? The indoor range here has all kinds of seemingly EPA inspired stuff to deal with lead. What is the practical issue with it?

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
shooting inside I open the windows, I open the garage door. I can shoot 100 rounds in a few minutes so I don't hang out in the cloud of lead fumes...........but "I do love the smell of nitocellulose in the morning"

I come in with my mags loaded for whatever I am practicing and I run through my drills in 5 minutes

Shooting in the office I shoot mostly pellet guns but. My backstop will handle 22's. I just open the windows.

Prefer shooting outdoors but cold is cold, rain is rain and old and lazy is......well......

Latest posts